Band Concert!!
SA band concert was superb la!! May I add. 无与伦比! (Meaning can never be achieved by others! That's for vicki)
Anyway, should've expected that kind of standard from a band that received one of the only two Gold with Honours awarded at last year's SYF. But still, the performance was still shockingly mesmerizing. The songs, the dynamics, the atmosfere, and most of all the emotions that the players manage to bring out from the audience. Well maybe it was me only :p That was how good those people were. The most memorable songs on the list were When Angels Weep, Gulliver's Travels, Chanteys, Animations Songs Medley, Impressions of Japan and another song featuring an euphonium solo which is super super super GOOD!! I shall check out the song's title again. Even though I know nothing about euphonium playing, but it was really obvius that the soloist was very skilled and had really practiced his parts really well. I really applaud him.
From the beginning of the concert, I was already feeling very emotional. The opening of the concert was a march in from the back of the cultural centre. But first, there were two marching snare drums and a marching bass drum who marched out to the centre of the stage and started playing drums solos. Then after a while, when the real signal came, the whole band came marching in onto the stage. HOW COOL CAN THAT BE LA??!! Yes. I was deeply in regret that I didn't persist joining band last year. Went for that one pathetic practice in which I played the suspended cymbal once and bye forever. I'm hopelessly lacking in confidence. One look from the conductor Mr. Glosz and my hands and fingers practically shrunk. I guess my heart was shrunk by that look too, which made me afraid of going for more practices. :p
Just kidding. Even though I didn't join band in JC, I'm very determined now to join band again when in university. I'm very sure that band is my destiny. My calling. Guitar, well, even though it was fun learning a new instrument and enjoying times with good friends, but...I'm sorry. It can never measure up to the feeling of playing in a band. Sure, guitar music is nice enough to make me go for more concerts in the future, but band music is the thing for me man.
So, in conclusion, I must thank SA band for stopping but also reigniting my love for band in this period of one and half years time. Thanks you guys for the wonderful evening too. :)
Anyway, should've expected that kind of standard from a band that received one of the only two Gold with Honours awarded at last year's SYF. But still, the performance was still shockingly mesmerizing. The songs, the dynamics, the atmosfere, and most of all the emotions that the players manage to bring out from the audience. Well maybe it was me only :p That was how good those people were. The most memorable songs on the list were When Angels Weep, Gulliver's Travels, Chanteys, Animations Songs Medley, Impressions of Japan and another song featuring an euphonium solo which is super super super GOOD!! I shall check out the song's title again. Even though I know nothing about euphonium playing, but it was really obvius that the soloist was very skilled and had really practiced his parts really well. I really applaud him.
From the beginning of the concert, I was already feeling very emotional. The opening of the concert was a march in from the back of the cultural centre. But first, there were two marching snare drums and a marching bass drum who marched out to the centre of the stage and started playing drums solos. Then after a while, when the real signal came, the whole band came marching in onto the stage. HOW COOL CAN THAT BE LA??!! Yes. I was deeply in regret that I didn't persist joining band last year. Went for that one pathetic practice in which I played the suspended cymbal once and bye forever. I'm hopelessly lacking in confidence. One look from the conductor Mr. Glosz and my hands and fingers practically shrunk. I guess my heart was shrunk by that look too, which made me afraid of going for more practices. :p
Just kidding. Even though I didn't join band in JC, I'm very determined now to join band again when in university. I'm very sure that band is my destiny. My calling. Guitar, well, even though it was fun learning a new instrument and enjoying times with good friends, but...I'm sorry. It can never measure up to the feeling of playing in a band. Sure, guitar music is nice enough to make me go for more concerts in the future, but band music is the thing for me man.
So, in conclusion, I must thank SA band for stopping but also reigniting my love for band in this period of one and half years time. Thanks you guys for the wonderful evening too. :)
Comments