Praise Be To God...

Things have really been working in my favour for these past couple of weeks. From every small little thing, to every major issue, all the outcome has been making me smile and thank God from the depths of my heart.

First. I was really worried about my class schedules for the Fall semester. I was 'forced' to take an evening lab for Physics and another evening lab for Biology due to all the closed afternoon classes. A voice in my head told me not to give up checking for empty slots, since there's always a possiblity that somebody changed their schedule or dropped that class or whatever. So I did. Every single day. And I was really, really blessed to find a seat empty in the Monday afternoon Biology lab :) For Physics, on the other hand, the department added new afternoon labs on Wednesdays mainly due to the overwhelming number of students taking Physics next Fall, so yay I jumped immediately into the class :) Thank the Lord!

Second. After hearing so many scary stories of the driving test (they call it the road test here), I was really worried about mine this morning. Today's a rainy day. But I can't believe I still managed to pass my road test at the first try!!!! I was so happy that I hugged my instructor right after I jumped out of the car!!!! I was so so so happy that I couldn't stop smiling to myself when I was on the bus to school. I was so so so so awfully happy that I treated Sung-Eun lunch!!!! Aaahhh..how great a feeling it is to know that God is always looking over me, that everything is in His hands, and by our prayers and faith in Him, He will not let us down.

Third. Two weeks ago, I stepped into this scary, busy-looking office of the Procurement department in school, in search of an office job. I talked to the supervisor, and got hired on the spot. It wasn't difficult cos they really needed help. Anyone would do. However, the problem was that I had to get a Social Security Number(SSN) before I can actually work for them since I am an international student. I was so afraid that they wouldn't hire me anymore due to the complexity of the whole procedure of me getting a SSN. It turned out that they were willing to go through the whole process with me, eg. writing me an offer of employment letter, waiting for me to get my SSN and other procedures of on-campus employment. I received my SSN in just one week after my application. I didn't even know why it happened so fast for me, because I've heard that it takes a minimum of two weeks to get your card, up till a maximum of eight weeks(by which one should be calling up to check about it already). So, finally, I've got a job and I'm going to start working tomorrow. The pay's not bad - $8.00/hour, but I'm not planning to put in a lot of hours working, what with The Finals coming up in two weeks, so I guess I'm not earning a lot yet, just sufficient to buy me food in school and for my transportation fees :) The Lord works in ways that we do not understand, nor can we sinners ever comprehend. Thank you Lord for leading me through difficult times, and answering my prayers at all times.

Finally, many other seemingly minor incidents that have all added up to make me a happier person. 1) I managed to talk to pohxuan after such a long time of non-communication! What a happy night it was. I went to bed with a heart warmed with the words of concern and love of a friend :) 2) I was really touched when Sedeny called me up the other day to ask me if I wanted to join her for a free lunch :) It's not about the free lunch though, it was about the fact that I'm close to her heart, that if something pops up, she'll think of me :) 3) Many more: family stuff, schoolwork matters and so on :)

Let all praise be to God, My Lord!! Without Him, I wouldn't have gone this far, and in such a short time too. Thank you Lord.

Comments

Jessica said…
i'm happy and cheering for ya..
God's blessing will always be with ya..just remember to stay strong and determined with faith and hope whenever u meet hardships. ^_^
all the best with everything u're doing right now. *hugz*

miss ya, take care. =)
krou said…
eh...so nice u get to talk to ah pox! i actually planned to meet up with her, but coz my major exam is coming up, so couldnt make it :( but hopefully will be able to meet aft my exam. eh..u come back faster la~ then can treat us with ur salary :P haha. i got lots of stuff to catch up with u.so many things have happened since i last chat with u. sigh.
px:) said…
wei..rourou~~dun call me ah pox lar..u know i dun like:P haha~~ yup, shushu~~really glad to chat with u tat nite n also glad it made u feel better:):) alwiz rmb tat everything'll be ok in d end, if it's not ok, it's not d end ya!!!~ so jiayou ya!!~ God will definitely have some other plans for us:):) do face everything with great courage n determination ya!!~ n hope to chat with u again next time, hehe..:):)but i will 'shoo' u to bed punya:P u will alwiz have my support here:) we aza aza fighting together o~~!
treeshadow said…
[cutie] yup! i consider myself very lucky to be able to feel her sunshine personality even from so far :) and i'm sure you guys will get to meet up sooner than it is for me :) i will talk to you soon, definitely!! i need to catch up with you and kah hwee real soon! so out-of-date now..i'm so 'obsolete' liao :(

[pohxuan]you were so bad lo, people wanted to talk to you longer but you keep shooing me to bed -.- but if you didn't, i would've talked to you until so late that I will wake up so late the next day :p so ok,i still have to thank you i guess? :p thanks for your support and advice that night :) love ya and miss ya!
treeshadow said…
[jess]dear girl, thank you :) i remembered your tag on my tagboard and I thank God for sending you to remind me of that :)

Popular posts from this blog

Homecoming!!

Kelly Lost :'(