A Day of Window-shopping at 34th St...
Another quite embarrassing day. I slept at 2 plus last night, and woke up at 10 exactly this morning, being rustled up by sis cos the family friend's daughter has just reached our house in a taxi. I was like, oh my goodness, not another day of kena-caught-sleeping-in, and jumped out from the bed. Hah but too late for the teeth-brushing and refreshing of my face, since she was already walking up the staircase to our place.
Anyway, after eating breakfast, all of us went out to 34th Street Herald Square to shop for her winter stuff. It was a change of our original plan where we decided to let her rest for the whole day first, and go out shopping tomorrow. However much I like shopping, today's really a bad day for me to shop since I lacked sleep, plus I was having a case of bad hair day!! Aihh..whatever la. So after sending mom off to work, we walked up and down 34th Street in search of a winter coat, some sweaters, gloves, scarves and boots. Luckily for her, Macy's is still having their great post-Christmas sales. Unluckily for her, since it's the second day of sales already, most of the good stuff, or rather the smaller sizes, are gone. That's too bad, cos she's really a petite person, skinnier than me la! She ended up getting just two pairs of gloves and a nice scarf.
It felt weird tailing after someone doing their shopping, and doing none of our own. It will surely make that person feel uncomfortable too, as can be seen from her keep asking us are we getting anything, don't sis need winter clothing too blah blah. Haha I can understand how she felt then, but seriously we can't afford to spend anymore. She's from a rich background, so I guess the prices are nothing to her, but she doesn't spend without thinking, which is a quality I admire of a rich person.
Tomorrow we'll be touring the hot spots in NYC for the whole day. And I still haven't form a plan as to where to go first, in what sequence should I bring her to places so that we can save on transport fees.
Alrighty, no matter what, we must finish Smiling Pasta tonight!!! It's been dragged too long for what I would normally finish in 3 days ( nights :p )
Anyway, after eating breakfast, all of us went out to 34th Street Herald Square to shop for her winter stuff. It was a change of our original plan where we decided to let her rest for the whole day first, and go out shopping tomorrow. However much I like shopping, today's really a bad day for me to shop since I lacked sleep, plus I was having a case of bad hair day!! Aihh..whatever la. So after sending mom off to work, we walked up and down 34th Street in search of a winter coat, some sweaters, gloves, scarves and boots. Luckily for her, Macy's is still having their great post-Christmas sales. Unluckily for her, since it's the second day of sales already, most of the good stuff, or rather the smaller sizes, are gone. That's too bad, cos she's really a petite person, skinnier than me la! She ended up getting just two pairs of gloves and a nice scarf.
It felt weird tailing after someone doing their shopping, and doing none of our own. It will surely make that person feel uncomfortable too, as can be seen from her keep asking us are we getting anything, don't sis need winter clothing too blah blah. Haha I can understand how she felt then, but seriously we can't afford to spend anymore. She's from a rich background, so I guess the prices are nothing to her, but she doesn't spend without thinking, which is a quality I admire of a rich person.
Tomorrow we'll be touring the hot spots in NYC for the whole day. And I still haven't form a plan as to where to go first, in what sequence should I bring her to places so that we can save on transport fees.
Alrighty, no matter what, we must finish Smiling Pasta tonight!!! It's been dragged too long for what I would normally finish in 3 days ( nights :p )
Comments