A Tale of Snowing...
It was as if, the heavens turned on a sprinkler, a snow sprinkler...
Small, light flurries drifted down in thick lines, landing ever so gently...and if you tuned your ears to it, you can hear that exact tinkle when it made contact with the ground...
It was not meant to be heavy snow, just a sprinkle of it over the bare ground...
And it began when I was walking towards school after exiting the subway station, and I could feel my heart tremble with excitement, pure joy, as I felt the snowflakes touched the tip of my nose. I almost couldn't contain myself, I felt like jumping around to proclaim my happiness, to let the whole world know exactly how I felt at that moment...Well, I didn't, of course. What I probably did, was smile a lot to myself...
It continued even as I was doing the English mock-exam. It was a nice and extremely serene feeling, watching the snow from the window..It may have helped me lose time in writing my essay too...
It stopped as I was walking back from school to the subway station, but it left behind the most beautiful present snowing could ever give...There wasn't a blanket of snow, there weren't shoeprints left by other fellow students...It was like icing on a cake, or a cookie, or a brownie...Like a layer of sweet, sugary icing, it decorated everything in sight! Boughs of bare trees, surfaces of leaves, top of garbage bins, the side of the walking path, fallen brown leaves, tips of purple and green cabbages...What a sight to behold...It made everything look edible and it MADE me want to eat everything that I saw.
The light sprinkle of snow turned everything into a wonderland, in a way that I've never seen before and it was truly amazing, and the simplicity of it touched me beyond anything. It was like a "Wow......everything is so beautiful......", not the "Wow!! I love this!!", feeling as my eyes took beautiful pictures everywhere I turned my head to.
I didn't take pictures in reality. I was walking alone, though there was really no one in close proximity that would be able to point me as a weirdo if I took some. What I want to fix in my mind forever is that layer of icing on that tree, that pile of fallen leaves sprinkled with snow that made it look like a plate of delicious cookies, and especially that moment when I lifted my head from my essay and looked through the classroom window, and saw...breathtakingly, beautiful, snowing.
- Jennifer Warnes Lyrics
Small, light flurries drifted down in thick lines, landing ever so gently...and if you tuned your ears to it, you can hear that exact tinkle when it made contact with the ground...
It was not meant to be heavy snow, just a sprinkle of it over the bare ground...
And it began when I was walking towards school after exiting the subway station, and I could feel my heart tremble with excitement, pure joy, as I felt the snowflakes touched the tip of my nose. I almost couldn't contain myself, I felt like jumping around to proclaim my happiness, to let the whole world know exactly how I felt at that moment...Well, I didn't, of course. What I probably did, was smile a lot to myself...
It continued even as I was doing the English mock-exam. It was a nice and extremely serene feeling, watching the snow from the window..It may have helped me lose time in writing my essay too...
It stopped as I was walking back from school to the subway station, but it left behind the most beautiful present snowing could ever give...There wasn't a blanket of snow, there weren't shoeprints left by other fellow students...It was like icing on a cake, or a cookie, or a brownie...Like a layer of sweet, sugary icing, it decorated everything in sight! Boughs of bare trees, surfaces of leaves, top of garbage bins, the side of the walking path, fallen brown leaves, tips of purple and green cabbages...What a sight to behold...It made everything look edible and it MADE me want to eat everything that I saw.
The light sprinkle of snow turned everything into a wonderland, in a way that I've never seen before and it was truly amazing, and the simplicity of it touched me beyond anything. It was like a "Wow......everything is so beautiful......", not the "Wow!! I love this!!", feeling as my eyes took beautiful pictures everywhere I turned my head to.
I didn't take pictures in reality. I was walking alone, though there was really no one in close proximity that would be able to point me as a weirdo if I took some. What I want to fix in my mind forever is that layer of icing on that tree, that pile of fallen leaves sprinkled with snow that made it look like a plate of delicious cookies, and especially that moment when I lifted my head from my essay and looked through the classroom window, and saw...breathtakingly, beautiful, snowing.
- Jennifer Warnes Lyrics
Comments