Just wondering...

It seems to me that many people try to avoid one-to-one interactions with people or friends that they are not so closed with most of the time. I always wonder why they choose to continue not getting to know that person better, when they have a chance to change that and perhaps add another friend to their good friends list. I understand that people will feel weird when they both sink into those awkward silences when both have nothing to talk about and are searching frantically for a topic to talk about. I've been through that a lot too so I do know the awkward atmosphere. Opposite to the awkward silences, are the lame attempts to maintain small talk at the feeblest of subjects that can ever crop up. Sigh. It's either this or that.

What am I getting at? It's actually 2.50 in the morning but here am I still blogging. My brain is actually on zombie mode now.

I personally like the idea of hanging out with a person at a time, provided I like the person, not if I dislike the person already. (???) To me, I think that we make friends best when we're stuck with that particular person and had to talk to make time pass. At that point of time, no matter what excuses you've made to yourself about having nothing in common to talk about with that person, you WILL definitely dig up something to talk about. I remember making a few friends this way before. Nowadays I'm still trying this method too, but it seems that people are more afraid of these encounters than me and avoid as much as they could. They either choose to go out in one large group to hide the weird moments, and well, also have more things to talk/joke about, or they just plain reject you and don't want to come out. Sigh. Is it that difficult to talk to people whom you're not close to? It's the best chance you have to know that person better, on a more personal level too. Well, I guess I like knowing people on more intimate terms that's why I like these outings.

what crap.

Anyway, I was feeling disappointed not being able to meet up with xiu tian when she came to new york. I really really wanted to meet her and just talk to somebody familiar, and we had actually arranged to meet up on Saturday. In the end, well, she told me since it's a school-sponsored trip she can't be separated from her team for too long. But 8am is simply to early for me to meet liao! I had to wake up at 6am if we were to meet at that time. Is it my fault then? Is it because I didn't want to sacrifice a little on my part that I couldn't meet her? I just felt..really 力不从心啊!And she gave me so much advice on how to cope with things too. I'm so grateful to her but I can't even wake up a little earlier to meet her. Okay, from this self-analysis it really is my own fault then. Sigh. Have to wait till next time then. Really disappointed.

I'm just rambling. Going to sleep already. And I'm getting tired of Facebook. I think I've grown up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homecoming!!

Kelly Lost :'(