Post-Pharm Midterm Thoughts...
Today's weather is soooo warm! It got up till 26 C, warmest early April since I've been here. Too bad I was busy cramming last minute for Pharmacology that I couldn't spend some time out there in the sun and visiting the student street fair that was also held today.
Actually, having slept for only 2 hours this morning, I cannot really think right now, so I don't know why I termed it post midterm thoughts..but anyway, the toughest Pharmacology exam for the entire course series has come to pass. 150+ drug names, their trade names, mechanisms of action, side effects, and the general diseases that they treat have been studied intensively for the past 30+ hours or so, and yet I think only around 50%-60% of the information was retained by my overworked brain. This must be due to the interference from the principles of productions, costs of productions, perfect market analysis, short run long run blah blah blah...Yes, it really sucked to have two midterms on the same day and it's just my luck that I have it on the same day of the hardest ever Pharm exam in our two-semester series. I can say that I didn't do well in BOTH of them, so haha, I should pat myself on the back, having sacrificed cell bio, did poorly on eco, and also bombed pharm...C'mon now, when are you gonna learn???
My thoughts were wandering aimlessly after I left the exam room. I recalled thinking about this:
When everything has come to an end, would you think everything was worth it? Was everything worth the effort, the worry, the time, the energy? If you can face yourself at the end and say yes it was worth your every bit of hard work, even if the outcome wasn't the best, you have grown and matured from the experience. If at the end, you actually felt that going through all that was a waste of effort, well at least you have learned that it's not your thing, then you should move on instead of dwelling at the same place and complain and complain and complain. It led me to think, having worked so hard for these past three years, was everything worth it? Would I look back in the future and regret doing or not doing anything during my undergraduate years? Have I grown during these times or was I the same old me?
Well, anyway the shock from the exam triggered me to reflect on such things prematurely. I shouldn't be worrying about that now. The next two weeks are even more trying times for me as I continue to collect the last of my experimental data, compile and analyze them, prepare my power point presentation for next Thursday, construct and print a scientific poster for the conference which is coming up really, really soon!! All talk and no work makes me a loud smelly-mouthed shu ying! I'd better scurry off now and prepare my power point slides outline which is due tomorrow!!!
Aihh..Life.
Actually, having slept for only 2 hours this morning, I cannot really think right now, so I don't know why I termed it post midterm thoughts..but anyway, the toughest Pharmacology exam for the entire course series has come to pass. 150+ drug names, their trade names, mechanisms of action, side effects, and the general diseases that they treat have been studied intensively for the past 30+ hours or so, and yet I think only around 50%-60% of the information was retained by my overworked brain. This must be due to the interference from the principles of productions, costs of productions, perfect market analysis, short run long run blah blah blah...Yes, it really sucked to have two midterms on the same day and it's just my luck that I have it on the same day of the hardest ever Pharm exam in our two-semester series. I can say that I didn't do well in BOTH of them, so haha, I should pat myself on the back, having sacrificed cell bio, did poorly on eco, and also bombed pharm...C'mon now, when are you gonna learn???
My thoughts were wandering aimlessly after I left the exam room. I recalled thinking about this:
When everything has come to an end, would you think everything was worth it? Was everything worth the effort, the worry, the time, the energy? If you can face yourself at the end and say yes it was worth your every bit of hard work, even if the outcome wasn't the best, you have grown and matured from the experience. If at the end, you actually felt that going through all that was a waste of effort, well at least you have learned that it's not your thing, then you should move on instead of dwelling at the same place and complain and complain and complain. It led me to think, having worked so hard for these past three years, was everything worth it? Would I look back in the future and regret doing or not doing anything during my undergraduate years? Have I grown during these times or was I the same old me?
Well, anyway the shock from the exam triggered me to reflect on such things prematurely. I shouldn't be worrying about that now. The next two weeks are even more trying times for me as I continue to collect the last of my experimental data, compile and analyze them, prepare my power point presentation for next Thursday, construct and print a scientific poster for the conference which is coming up really, really soon!! All talk and no work makes me a loud smelly-mouthed shu ying! I'd better scurry off now and prepare my power point slides outline which is due tomorrow!!!
Aihh..Life.
Comments