Anaheim - Day 3: Disneyland? Nope :(

This morning began with such high spirits for me - woke up early, ate a particularly heavy breakfast, and set off to Disneyland with the others so happily.

HOWEVER! After parking the car inside Disneyland at 10am, got out of the car and took a few steps away, Nina received a call from Dr. Tonge requesting for a meeting at 11am! Gosh, how?! We can't very well let him know that we were not at the convention center because we are at Disneyland's front door, right? So in the end, we turned and left the Place Where Fairy Tales Come True.

After going back there, I went to a talk on Stem Cells which I really wanted to attend if not for the Disney excursion - and the talk turned out to be CANCELED! Two disappointments in a row :( In the end, I found myself ended up at the talk on Parkinson's Disease which luckily for me was interesting. And the rest of the day was spent on more talks and more talks.

Overall, I think God is reminding me my mission here at Anaheim. Right now, I feel that I am achieving my goals here - interacting with many, many people who are in the field and get to practice networking every single day. I am so thankful to be given this chance to attend a conference of such a large scale. However, I feel that I am neglecting my own responsibilities to my group people. I have not been interacting much with the Americans in our group and usually stick with the Chinese group. Somehow, I feel that Dr. Tonge didn't seem too interested in getting to know me better either. I doubt that he knows that I have been accepted to Pharm schools for this Fall - the way he kept praising other undergrads that he met in his poster judging these few days. Oh well, that's okay, I didn't ask for his recommendation letter for school applications after all.

Ok, got to continue writing my thesis. I've been working on it little by little these past few days, it is taking its shape :) Will be ready for submission this Friday :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homecoming!!

Praise Be To God...