Anaheim - Day 2: Poster Presentation and More Talks...
Today is just as normal as another day at school for me. Early in the morning, after having our breakfast at the hotel, we set off to attend the talk that Dr. Tonge was chairing. I can't believe that I still don't understand some parts of the research that our group is doing, so glad I got to clarify some questions with Nina this morning :)
Oh wells, of course I didn't win the poster competition, not expecting to either. There were also 18 honorary mentions but I didn't stay throughout the entire awards ceremony so I have no idea who won them. Poster presentation today was just boring, only 2-3 people stopped by out of interest.
So, the highlight of my day was a visit to the Crystal Cathedral at Anaheim! Since we returned to the hotel pretty early this afternoon, I decided to go to the evening worship session at 6:30pm (since nobody else needed the car anyway :p). The church is beautiful indeed, in a modern definition, not your traditional version of a church of Christ. I will upload pictures soon after the conference, I hope. I was quite disappointed with message which was not only too short, but the pastor was also speaking without much enthusiasm and real passion. The invited choir group was great though, so I enjoyed some good music :)
Okay, getting really tired now. All of us decided to skip the conference tomorrow and go to Disneyland for the whole day! Wheee! =DDD at least I can still take a peek inside, hopefully for free due to an inside connection.
Oh wells, of course I didn't win the poster competition, not expecting to either. There were also 18 honorary mentions but I didn't stay throughout the entire awards ceremony so I have no idea who won them. Poster presentation today was just boring, only 2-3 people stopped by out of interest.
So, the highlight of my day was a visit to the Crystal Cathedral at Anaheim! Since we returned to the hotel pretty early this afternoon, I decided to go to the evening worship session at 6:30pm (since nobody else needed the car anyway :p). The church is beautiful indeed, in a modern definition, not your traditional version of a church of Christ. I will upload pictures soon after the conference, I hope. I was quite disappointed with message which was not only too short, but the pastor was also speaking without much enthusiasm and real passion. The invited choir group was great though, so I enjoyed some good music :)
Okay, getting really tired now. All of us decided to skip the conference tomorrow and go to Disneyland for the whole day! Wheee! =DDD at least I can still take a peek inside, hopefully for free due to an inside connection.
Comments