Weekend...
Finally, I get to have a weekend promised with some social life :)
Tonight was supposed to join the Pharmily for a party (read: drinking party) at 10:30pm. Even though I've been invited to many of the Pharmily gatherings, I just never felt the urge to join them until tonight. Felt like I've been ignoring my social obligations within the Pharmily for too long. Nevertheless, even though I wanted to go tonight, I can't cos have the online "date" which I have to attend or else Far will... =/
Saturday have to attend a training workshop called Red Watch Band. Basically it teaches ways to handle emergencies for toxic drinking and how to summon for appropriate help when in such situations. Haha, such irony, I WAS going to the drinking party tonight :p Anyway, I hope it will be helpful in many ways as toxic drinking is really an epidemic across campuses in the US. I've known friends who was so drunk they were vomiting blood and had to get hospitalized. I've heard of those who died.
After the workshop, if plans didn't change, will get to hang out with Yui and Faye! Haven't seen Yui since last September lol, so really looking forward to it. Then, get to celebrate Heather's birthday by watching Alice in Wonderland and hopefully dinner at John Harvard's :) wheee..at least there's a tiny bit of social life that I can write about here :p Maybe I'm not entirely dead after all :)
Sunday, back to work after church! Have to meet up with Jacky to discuss the stem cells papers that we were supposed to present..ugghhh..Presentations are NOT GOOD! They are not FRIENDLY things! But I know I have to deal with it, and I really hope to learn from it because it's a scientific paper presented in a scientific environment which will hopefully prime me for the conference in April :)
My writing is really deteriorating, which is why I'm updating a little more frequently now. I need to regain my writing skills!
Tonight was supposed to join the Pharmily for a party (read: drinking party) at 10:30pm. Even though I've been invited to many of the Pharmily gatherings, I just never felt the urge to join them until tonight. Felt like I've been ignoring my social obligations within the Pharmily for too long. Nevertheless, even though I wanted to go tonight, I can't cos have the online "date" which I have to attend or else Far will... =/
Saturday have to attend a training workshop called Red Watch Band. Basically it teaches ways to handle emergencies for toxic drinking and how to summon for appropriate help when in such situations. Haha, such irony, I WAS going to the drinking party tonight :p Anyway, I hope it will be helpful in many ways as toxic drinking is really an epidemic across campuses in the US. I've known friends who was so drunk they were vomiting blood and had to get hospitalized. I've heard of those who died.
After the workshop, if plans didn't change, will get to hang out with Yui and Faye! Haven't seen Yui since last September lol, so really looking forward to it. Then, get to celebrate Heather's birthday by watching Alice in Wonderland and hopefully dinner at John Harvard's :) wheee..at least there's a tiny bit of social life that I can write about here :p Maybe I'm not entirely dead after all :)
Sunday, back to work after church! Have to meet up with Jacky to discuss the stem cells papers that we were supposed to present..ugghhh..Presentations are NOT GOOD! They are not FRIENDLY things! But I know I have to deal with it, and I really hope to learn from it because it's a scientific paper presented in a scientific environment which will hopefully prime me for the conference in April :)
My writing is really deteriorating, which is why I'm updating a little more frequently now. I need to regain my writing skills!
Comments