Weekend Follow-Up

The weekend was pretty enjoyable, but at the cost of $$.

Elaine's birthday celebration via webcam was extremely entertaining and fun-filled! I haven't seen all the others for such a long time that it kinda felt weird to talk to them again, but I'm really thankful to those who actually sat down and talked to me somewhat cos I really missed the random chattering a lot. I could understand why some can't sit down and talk through webcam, haha awkwardness~~ so it's ok :) Overall, that was super fun and I can't wait to go back this July for more!!


S.E.X.F.

After the webcam fun, I overslept and missed the workshop. There is another one coming up in April but I don't think the administration will let me register again cos of this ponteng record =/ And I was really looking forward to learning something useful :(

Saturday afternoon/evening was the main part of the $$$ spending. Went to Port Jefferson with Yui, Faye, and Rich and watched a beautiful sunset by the docks. I thought it was going to be a warm evening so I just threw on a light coat. Of course, life always turns out to be the opposite, and I almost froze to death by the waters, luckily I didn't! :) Had a great time of fellowship with Faye and catching up with Yui and getting to know Rich. One sad thing though, I was supposed to have dinner at J&R's with them and I ordered calamaris only since I had to leave soon to meet up with the other group. My calamaris didn't arrive when it was time for me to leave! Gah! I really wanted to try the calamaris there! So in the end Yui had to take it and pay for it. Oh wells, at least it wasn't wasted...

Beautiful sunset over Port Jefferson

Stony Brook's very own Seawolf

The crazy part starts here, I actually wished I never went. I love Heather's and Hock's company, but I can't stand the attitude of the other guy. Well, in short, it would've been a wonderful night except that it was ruined by him. Anyway that was me, since Heather enjoyed the company, I won't say anything then. I spent almost $80 on the appetizer (calamaris!!), main course (meatloaf, which was absolutely yummy!) and drinks (booze) at John Harvard's and movie ticket. Congratulations, that's one week of pay gone in one night. Even with Happy Hour (half price off certain drinks), we still managed to charge up the bill because we didn't know that certain drinks (margarita, martini, mojito, jagermeister, and tequila) were not included. Great, so we ordered those drinks and ta-da, spent $70 in total on booze. It was my first time drinking so much in one night, I wasn't feeling very well after that, kept hiccuping and felt like my stomach was churning too much, burping a lot too. Nevertheless, watching midnight Alice in Wonderland in 3D after some drinking was awesome!

All in all, these series of events showed to me even more prominently that money cannot buy happiness. I wasn't spending any money when hanging out with Faye, Yui, and Rich, yet I enjoyed myself thoroughly and the conversations were so meaningful. I spent a week's fortune when having a "good" time at the birthday celebration, yet I gained not an ounce of true fellowship, a crapload of lame stories and religion trashing (they are all atheists), and just maybe wised me up a lot for any future alcohol consumptions.

You know, I went home that night feeling that I have failed God. I have failed to stand up for God and defend Him when religion was being criticized so unrelentingly by that guy. I stood aside and only managed to mumble here and there that "everyone's entitled to their own opinions", "yes, religion did have a bloody historical record", ".....", and ".....". Which led to my crying out to God when I got home. I need to get equipped to face these kind of challenges in the world! I cannot claim myself to be of God and to have been saved if I allow others to continue in their misunderstanding of God! Only He can prepare me for that, I know. I won't be able to speak a single word for Him if it's not His will for me yet.

Today's Daily Bible Verse spoke right into my heart:

Then Jesus told them, "This very night you will all fall away on account of me, for it is written:"

'I will strike the shepherd,
and the sheep of the flock will be scattered.'

But after I have risen, I will go ahead of you into Galilee." Peter replied, "Even if all fall away on account of you, I never will."
- Matthew 26:31-33 (NIV)

The Last Supper is noted for its gift to all of us of the communion table. But it is also the moment when empty promises were made and the betrayal had begun. Yet in all of that, God used those broken promises to set the stage for our Redeemer to free us! Do you feel like you've failed God? This week reminds us that God can use our failures to fulfill His ultimate purposes. He waits ahead of us in His victory!

The last part came just in time to save me of my self-pity and guilt from being too overwhelming.

Resolution: Allow God to mold me and conform me to the perfection of Jesus Christ. Resist no more the Holy Spirit's promptings. Go out and be agents of Love, spreading the good news of Jesus Christ.

It's time to walk the talk.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homecoming!!

Kelly Lost :'(