Interview this Friday...
It's only 4 more days to the interview on Friday. I'm already having sweaty palms whenever I think about it. Generally, I do well at interviews because I'm usually well-prepared and confident of my abilities. However, it's a little different this time as it's a school admissions interview. I have to be really eloquent in my speech as the profession depends on it, show them how passionate I am with the profession of pharmacy, and how I'm dying to enter their amazing pharmacy college (no sarcasm intended, this is really my first choice pharmacy school!!).
After talking to fellow applicants at Student Doctor Network, I gathered that the day will be broken down into 4 parts: check-in/introduction/writing test, interview, school tour & group presentations, and lastly a social for current students and the applicants. In some schools, I heard that your interaction with current students will be graded as well =/ but luckily not this upcoming school interview =) I'm pretty stressed right now because I still have not practiced for the interview yet due to the lack of time!! Hopefully, my shout-out at Facebook will be useful in getting me some friends who are willing to give me a mock interview so that I can be somewhat prepared by Friday.
Just for this interview alone, I have spent $413++ on air ticket and hotel. At first, I was having an internal debate on whether I should arrive on the same day of the interview (interview starts at 1:00pm) or arrive the night before and stay over at a nearby hotel. In the end, I chose to arrive early. I cannot risk my only shot at doing well at the interview being threatened by 1) unforeseen airplane/ground transportation delays 2) being too tired (if I arrive on the same day, I'll have to take a 6:00am plane), and 3) not fully prepared (what if I forget something? what if I need a lot more time than estimated to travel to campus? what if it snows and my shoes aren't suitable? what if I forgot my document folder? a lot of what-if's). After the interview session, I will be flying back home right away. I really hope that the hotel will allow me to leave my luggage with them after checking out in the morning, otherwise I will have to bring it around with me??! Noooo can't do!!
Anyway, I'm lifting all these concerns up to the Lord. There's no point in me worrying, is there? It's not as if I can change the future by worrying about it now. I shall just do my best in preparing for the interview and leave the rest in God's Hands :)
After talking to fellow applicants at Student Doctor Network, I gathered that the day will be broken down into 4 parts: check-in/introduction/writing test, interview, school tour & group presentations, and lastly a social for current students and the applicants. In some schools, I heard that your interaction with current students will be graded as well =/ but luckily not this upcoming school interview =) I'm pretty stressed right now because I still have not practiced for the interview yet due to the lack of time!! Hopefully, my shout-out at Facebook will be useful in getting me some friends who are willing to give me a mock interview so that I can be somewhat prepared by Friday.
Just for this interview alone, I have spent $413++ on air ticket and hotel. At first, I was having an internal debate on whether I should arrive on the same day of the interview (interview starts at 1:00pm) or arrive the night before and stay over at a nearby hotel. In the end, I chose to arrive early. I cannot risk my only shot at doing well at the interview being threatened by 1) unforeseen airplane/ground transportation delays 2) being too tired (if I arrive on the same day, I'll have to take a 6:00am plane), and 3) not fully prepared (what if I forget something? what if I need a lot more time than estimated to travel to campus? what if it snows and my shoes aren't suitable? what if I forgot my document folder? a lot of what-if's). After the interview session, I will be flying back home right away. I really hope that the hotel will allow me to leave my luggage with them after checking out in the morning, otherwise I will have to bring it around with me??! Noooo can't do!!
Anyway, I'm lifting all these concerns up to the Lord. There's no point in me worrying, is there? It's not as if I can change the future by worrying about it now. I shall just do my best in preparing for the interview and leave the rest in God's Hands :)
Comments