Oh...Happy Day~~
Just felt really happy and satisfied today.
Went to visit a friend's room after orientation ended and chatted for almost an hour or more before leaving to take the bus home. Felt like I was intruding a little, but it felt really nice to be making friends again :)
While waiting for the bus, started to talk to a girl who was also waiting there. Actually just wanted to ask stuff like what does she do if she misses the bus and will be late for classes and some other things. Ended up being a cultural exchange between us. She's a Fulbright scholar from Turkey, doing her psychology graduate program at SB. She had just returned to America from Turkey this morning and brought with her ALOT of Turkish Delights, which she invited me over to her office sometime to taste them :p
It felt really good to be talking to people from all over the world. Really. I learnt so much from the 2 hours I spent talking with her. Well, 2 hours because the bus that we were waiting for never came and we had to wait for the next bus which is one hour later, plus when we were on the bus ride. There were awkward silences definitely during the later parts, can't expect to have flowing conversation with someone new, but it was okay, much more 'comfortable' than some awkward silences that I've been through before :)
One question she asked me: Why did you choose pharmacy?
Thing is, I didn't know what to answer her then. Caught right in the middle of my own self-delusionary world perhaps? There were so many reasons swimming at the back of my mind, but all of a sudden, the reasons all seemed insignificant and rather lame in front of a Fulbright scholar. How come other people can know exactly why they chose their profession? I wasn't even forced to take this course by parents or social pressure. It was my own choice, out of my own pure interest in it and the contribution that I could make to the society.
Dig deep, woman, dig deep. Go past that barrier that you've built around yourself and you'll discover amazing things that you have never ever dreamt of. No link -.-"'
Happy day continued when I found out that as long as I'm registering for more than 11 credits, I'll only be charged for $5305 for tuition fees, almost equal to the amount of 12 credits. That's great news :) Dad was having a headache over my school fees so this should relieve him a little. Though the amount of money that I'm spending on transportation and food now isn't going to make him smile either. Definitely got to get work when school starts on Monday. Need own pocket money. Desperately. I can't stand the shame of asking my parents for pocket money now that I'm an adult.
Happy day ended a while ago when I discovered that the Calculus 1 class that I was eyeing for is closed. Too bad then. I'm stuck with the slower Calculus A. Never mind la. Easy A mah.
I'm not convinced.
Went to visit a friend's room after orientation ended and chatted for almost an hour or more before leaving to take the bus home. Felt like I was intruding a little, but it felt really nice to be making friends again :)
While waiting for the bus, started to talk to a girl who was also waiting there. Actually just wanted to ask stuff like what does she do if she misses the bus and will be late for classes and some other things. Ended up being a cultural exchange between us. She's a Fulbright scholar from Turkey, doing her psychology graduate program at SB. She had just returned to America from Turkey this morning and brought with her ALOT of Turkish Delights, which she invited me over to her office sometime to taste them :p
It felt really good to be talking to people from all over the world. Really. I learnt so much from the 2 hours I spent talking with her. Well, 2 hours because the bus that we were waiting for never came and we had to wait for the next bus which is one hour later, plus when we were on the bus ride. There were awkward silences definitely during the later parts, can't expect to have flowing conversation with someone new, but it was okay, much more 'comfortable' than some awkward silences that I've been through before :)
One question she asked me: Why did you choose pharmacy?
Thing is, I didn't know what to answer her then. Caught right in the middle of my own self-delusionary world perhaps? There were so many reasons swimming at the back of my mind, but all of a sudden, the reasons all seemed insignificant and rather lame in front of a Fulbright scholar. How come other people can know exactly why they chose their profession? I wasn't even forced to take this course by parents or social pressure. It was my own choice, out of my own pure interest in it and the contribution that I could make to the society.
Dig deep, woman, dig deep. Go past that barrier that you've built around yourself and you'll discover amazing things that you have never ever dreamt of. No link -.-"'
Happy day continued when I found out that as long as I'm registering for more than 11 credits, I'll only be charged for $5305 for tuition fees, almost equal to the amount of 12 credits. That's great news :) Dad was having a headache over my school fees so this should relieve him a little. Though the amount of money that I'm spending on transportation and food now isn't going to make him smile either. Definitely got to get work when school starts on Monday. Need own pocket money. Desperately. I can't stand the shame of asking my parents for pocket money now that I'm an adult.
Happy day ended a while ago when I discovered that the Calculus 1 class that I was eyeing for is closed. Too bad then. I'm stuck with the slower Calculus A. Never mind la. Easy A mah.
I'm not convinced.
Comments