First Day of Orientation...

This is what I call an international student's life man.

Getting tour guides around the campus, talking to people from all over the world, getting to meet people from the same country, games (albeit lame ones) and of course, not to forget, plenty of talks.

I really, really enjoyed the day. I was really lucky to meet two Malaysians during this orientation, one a student ambassador and the other is new to Stony Brook, like me too. But I kinda just tagged around after Jean cos she's such an outgoing person, making friends so easily with other people. If she hadn't asked me to lunch together, I would've starved myself right there cos I had no idea where the cafe was. Lousy right, but still I'm hoping things will improve here at SB and may I have a wonderful and enjoyable time here :)

p/s bought a study desk during the shopping trip for international students in the evening and had to call a cab to bring me and the desk home. It was originally $12 for the ride, plus $2 tips is $14, but I had only a $20 bill, and the driver only had $4 change (according to him, I was just his second fare for the day!), thus I had no choice but to give him a $4 tips. Sigh. Life always have gives and takes. That is so true.

pp/s My desk, fully set-up by me, only me! I feel so proud of myself :) (ok lah, I had a litte help with it actually)



Jia You, Ng Shu Ying!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homecoming!!

Kelly Lost :'(