About Someone Whom I Have Never Known Before...
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2008/1/26/nation/20139014&sec=nation
Two die, three injured in bus crash
IPOH: Two people died and three were seriously injured after the double-decker express bus they were travelling in lost control before crashing into a divider at southbound of Km382 of the North-South Expressway between Slim River and Behrang.
The two dead were identified as Mohd Zailini Mustafa, 23, and Lee Nian Ning, 21. Both are from Sg Nibong and Taman Bukit Gelugor, Penang, respectively.
The unidentified bus driver in the 5.55pm incident was also seriously injured.
There were 39 people on board including the driver and co-driver. The injured had been sent to the Slim River Hospital for treatment.
Slim River deputy OCPD Deputy Supt Adzhar Othman said initial reports found that the bus, which was travelling from Penang to Kuala Lumpur, had lost control and was lying sideways blocking both sides of the expressway.
“A multi-purpose vehicle, which was travelling behind the bus, could not brake on time causing it to crash onto the bus.
“The driver was however unhurt,” he said when contacted.
DSP Adzhar said the victims were pulled out from the bus by passing motorists.
The incident caused massive traffic jams on both sides of the expressway.
A Projek Lebuhraya Utara Selatan spokesman said southbound of the expressway had to be closed to traffic.
“We had to open a contra flow on the north-bound to allow traffic flow,” he said.
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2008/1/26/nation/20080126200549&sec=nation
Bus crash: Driver had 13 outstanding summonses
By CLARA CHOOI
IPOH: The driver of a double-decker express bus that saw three of its passengers killed in a crash near Slim River on Friday had 13 outstanding police summonses issued against him.
Records in www.myeg.com.my revealed that Ruslim Isa, 43, who was sent to the Teluk Intan Hospital for a broken right leg after the 5.55pm accident, had seven summonses issued against him for speeding, five for illegal overtaking and one for not using an overhead bridge.
The summonses, amounting to RM2,660, dated as far back as 2000.
The accident occurred at KM382 of the highway between Slim River and Behrang during a downpour.
Slim River deputy OCPD Deputy Supt Adzhar Othman said that blood samples taken from Ruslim would be sent to the Chemistry Department, while the remains of the bus would also be sent to Puspakom for analysis on Monday.
"At this point, we cannot yet ascertain the cause of the accident, whether or not it is due to human or technical error.
"Investigations are still ongoing," he said.
The crash, which had initially killed two passengers - Mohd Zailani Mustafa, 23, of Sungai Nibong, Bayan Lepas, Penang, and Lee Nian Ning, 21, of Taman Gelugor, Penang - claimed its third victim on Saturday.
Pang Poon Eng, 20, from Gombak, Batu Caves in Selangor, died at about 1.30am at the Ipoh Hospital here.
Nine other passengers of the Penang-Kuala Lumpur bound Konsortium bus were warded at the Slim River Hospital and the Ipoh Hospital for critical injuries, whilst the others received outpatient treatment.
The bus, which departed from Penang at 2.20pm on Friday, was carrying 39 people.
I cried when I was reading about her death from this blog post http://yonglong89.wordpress.com/2008/01/27/i-have-the-right-to-be-pissed/
Though I didn't know her before at all, neither do I know the blogger who wrote the post, but I felt the loss as though she were my friend. I first knew about her death when I read a note in facebook, posted by a friend who knew her. A smart, outgoing JPA scholar who was doing her medicine course at Australia. Died due to the uncontrollable factors in life. Died in the bloom of her youth. Died, before reaching the bright future awaiting her.
This is so sad. Life can be so out of control. One minute it can look oh, so rosy, and the next, everything's gone. Hapus. I'd better appreciate my life more and live it to the fullest that I can. Not being rich doesn't make life less enjoyable. I shall strive harder to look at things positively!!
Lee Nian Ning. Though I have never known you before, but your life has given me much inspiration. Thank you. God bless your soul.
Two die, three injured in bus crash
IPOH: Two people died and three were seriously injured after the double-decker express bus they were travelling in lost control before crashing into a divider at southbound of Km382 of the North-South Expressway between Slim River and Behrang.
The two dead were identified as Mohd Zailini Mustafa, 23, and Lee Nian Ning, 21. Both are from Sg Nibong and Taman Bukit Gelugor, Penang, respectively.
The unidentified bus driver in the 5.55pm incident was also seriously injured.
There were 39 people on board including the driver and co-driver. The injured had been sent to the Slim River Hospital for treatment.
Slim River deputy OCPD Deputy Supt Adzhar Othman said initial reports found that the bus, which was travelling from Penang to Kuala Lumpur, had lost control and was lying sideways blocking both sides of the expressway.
“A multi-purpose vehicle, which was travelling behind the bus, could not brake on time causing it to crash onto the bus.
“The driver was however unhurt,” he said when contacted.
DSP Adzhar said the victims were pulled out from the bus by passing motorists.
The incident caused massive traffic jams on both sides of the expressway.
A Projek Lebuhraya Utara Selatan spokesman said southbound of the expressway had to be closed to traffic.
“We had to open a contra flow on the north-bound to allow traffic flow,” he said.
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2008/1/26/nation/20080126200549&sec=nation
Bus crash: Driver had 13 outstanding summonses
By CLARA CHOOI
IPOH: The driver of a double-decker express bus that saw three of its passengers killed in a crash near Slim River on Friday had 13 outstanding police summonses issued against him.
Records in www.myeg.com.my revealed that Ruslim Isa, 43, who was sent to the Teluk Intan Hospital for a broken right leg after the 5.55pm accident, had seven summonses issued against him for speeding, five for illegal overtaking and one for not using an overhead bridge.
The summonses, amounting to RM2,660, dated as far back as 2000.
The accident occurred at KM382 of the highway between Slim River and Behrang during a downpour.
Slim River deputy OCPD Deputy Supt Adzhar Othman said that blood samples taken from Ruslim would be sent to the Chemistry Department, while the remains of the bus would also be sent to Puspakom for analysis on Monday.
"At this point, we cannot yet ascertain the cause of the accident, whether or not it is due to human or technical error.
"Investigations are still ongoing," he said.
The crash, which had initially killed two passengers - Mohd Zailani Mustafa, 23, of Sungai Nibong, Bayan Lepas, Penang, and Lee Nian Ning, 21, of Taman Gelugor, Penang - claimed its third victim on Saturday.
Pang Poon Eng, 20, from Gombak, Batu Caves in Selangor, died at about 1.30am at the Ipoh Hospital here.
Nine other passengers of the Penang-Kuala Lumpur bound Konsortium bus were warded at the Slim River Hospital and the Ipoh Hospital for critical injuries, whilst the others received outpatient treatment.
The bus, which departed from Penang at 2.20pm on Friday, was carrying 39 people.
I cried when I was reading about her death from this blog post http://yonglong89.wordpress.com/2008/01/27/i-have-the-right-to-be-pissed/
Though I didn't know her before at all, neither do I know the blogger who wrote the post, but I felt the loss as though she were my friend. I first knew about her death when I read a note in facebook, posted by a friend who knew her. A smart, outgoing JPA scholar who was doing her medicine course at Australia. Died due to the uncontrollable factors in life. Died in the bloom of her youth. Died, before reaching the bright future awaiting her.
This is so sad. Life can be so out of control. One minute it can look oh, so rosy, and the next, everything's gone. Hapus. I'd better appreciate my life more and live it to the fullest that I can. Not being rich doesn't make life less enjoyable. I shall strive harder to look at things positively!!
Lee Nian Ning. Though I have never known you before, but your life has given me much inspiration. Thank you. God bless your soul.
Comments