In A Mess...
[Caution: This is a very long-winded post which ony serves for my own purpose of gathering my thoughts. Do not read if you're not a patient person.]
So, today we met with our academic advisor to discuss what courses should we register for this Spring semester. At first I was thinking that my course is so straightforward that I wouldn't take long in selecting and registering for my classes. But I was proven wrong. I met with my advisor for about 45 minutes, close to an hour, just selecting courses and planning out a suitable schedule. Oh, and I just found out that even with my lousy A levels results I can still transfer a minimum of 18 credits, thanks to Chemistry and Biology. The shocking thing is that even my Math grade is transferrable at Stony Brook! Imagine that! The advisor told me that I can DON'T take anymore Math classes at SBU cos I've already fulfilled the requirements up to Calculus 2. I was so happy when I found that out cos I really, really hate Math and would be so deighted to have this excuse to reduce my tuition fees. BUT!! When I recollected mysef, I remembered that I'm not graduating from Stony Brook. I am going to transfer to another pharmacy college in one and a half years, and that college might not be as lenient as SBU in evaluating my A level Mathematics grade. And if they don't accept my A levels grade and I really did not do any math at SBU, then...I would have to take it and get delayed for another semester!!!! Thus, I'm in a dilemma now. Not doing math is like sending me to heaven early, but I would miss a lot of life if I died that early. Sigh. So in the end, I did register for Math.
That's a stupid comparison by the way.
Another dillema for Math. SBU offers a fast 2 semester track for Calculus 1 and Calculus 2 and a slower 3 semester track which is of the same syllabus called Calculus A, B and C. I don't know what got into my head to agree with my advisor and registered for the slower track. But he did emphasize that I would be getting an easy A, which would boost my GPA for entrance into pharmacy college. And he also did assure me that there would be Calc B and Calc C offered during the two summer sessions. Sigh. Then I will miss a lot of stuff happening in the summer.
Third thing is, my English requirement. According to my advisor, I don't really need to take anymore English composition classes. However, after I showed him the pre-requisite courses for Pharm.D at Buffalo, which stated that I need two semesters of English, he corrected himself and told me that I might need to take one more English class, but maybe not composition, perhaps a class in Introduction to either Poetry, Fiction or Theatre? -.- I end up not registering for any English classes this semester. Die liao lah, I became so confused after the entire session with him. I have an inkling that I should be registering for an English 2 class. Shit.
Finally, I have registered for a Philosophy class, which is not really a pre-pharmacy requirement. He is just suggesting it to me cos I was only taking 13 credits when I could've taken up to 17 credits. Adding Philosophy totalled my credits to 16.
I'm feeling super super super confused now!!!! So many what-if's racing through my mind, so many thoughts scattered around my brain that I had to type down everything I'm thinking here so that I can think straight. Why can't I just go with the flow? Why can't I just accept my courses and timetable as it is already? Why am I still fretting over it?? Money and time and grades. All are important.
Aarghh...I wanna webcam with someone!! Anyone! Typing here is not enough for me! I'm already too long-winded in this post!!!
p/s the "l" on my keyboard is not working properly. And I have no more money to get it fixed. I'm too violent in my typing. Sigh. Sorry, my dear laptop.
So, today we met with our academic advisor to discuss what courses should we register for this Spring semester. At first I was thinking that my course is so straightforward that I wouldn't take long in selecting and registering for my classes. But I was proven wrong. I met with my advisor for about 45 minutes, close to an hour, just selecting courses and planning out a suitable schedule. Oh, and I just found out that even with my lousy A levels results I can still transfer a minimum of 18 credits, thanks to Chemistry and Biology. The shocking thing is that even my Math grade is transferrable at Stony Brook! Imagine that! The advisor told me that I can DON'T take anymore Math classes at SBU cos I've already fulfilled the requirements up to Calculus 2. I was so happy when I found that out cos I really, really hate Math and would be so deighted to have this excuse to reduce my tuition fees. BUT!! When I recollected mysef, I remembered that I'm not graduating from Stony Brook. I am going to transfer to another pharmacy college in one and a half years, and that college might not be as lenient as SBU in evaluating my A level Mathematics grade. And if they don't accept my A levels grade and I really did not do any math at SBU, then...I would have to take it and get delayed for another semester!!!! Thus, I'm in a dilemma now. Not doing math is like sending me to heaven early, but I would miss a lot of life if I died that early. Sigh. So in the end, I did register for Math.
That's a stupid comparison by the way.
Another dillema for Math. SBU offers a fast 2 semester track for Calculus 1 and Calculus 2 and a slower 3 semester track which is of the same syllabus called Calculus A, B and C. I don't know what got into my head to agree with my advisor and registered for the slower track. But he did emphasize that I would be getting an easy A, which would boost my GPA for entrance into pharmacy college. And he also did assure me that there would be Calc B and Calc C offered during the two summer sessions. Sigh. Then I will miss a lot of stuff happening in the summer.
Third thing is, my English requirement. According to my advisor, I don't really need to take anymore English composition classes. However, after I showed him the pre-requisite courses for Pharm.D at Buffalo, which stated that I need two semesters of English, he corrected himself and told me that I might need to take one more English class, but maybe not composition, perhaps a class in Introduction to either Poetry, Fiction or Theatre? -.- I end up not registering for any English classes this semester. Die liao lah, I became so confused after the entire session with him. I have an inkling that I should be registering for an English 2 class. Shit.
Finally, I have registered for a Philosophy class, which is not really a pre-pharmacy requirement. He is just suggesting it to me cos I was only taking 13 credits when I could've taken up to 17 credits. Adding Philosophy totalled my credits to 16.
I'm feeling super super super confused now!!!! So many what-if's racing through my mind, so many thoughts scattered around my brain that I had to type down everything I'm thinking here so that I can think straight. Why can't I just go with the flow? Why can't I just accept my courses and timetable as it is already? Why am I still fretting over it?? Money and time and grades. All are important.
Aarghh...I wanna webcam with someone!! Anyone! Typing here is not enough for me! I'm already too long-winded in this post!!!
p/s the "l" on my keyboard is not working properly. And I have no more money to get it fixed. I'm too violent in my typing. Sigh. Sorry, my dear laptop.
Comments