Possible Family Vacation before I Leave the NE region??
This idea came into my mind today. I should visit Maine before I finally leave the Northeast! I can't leave here without stepping into the New England states!
After a brief consultation with sis, I set forth searching for hotel rates and scenic routes to Acadia National Park for this July 4th weekend. As of now, the cheapest rate that I found is $59/night, and having no idea about the quality of the hotel, I didn't want to book it yet. After doing some homework on this possible road trip, I then presented my proposal to mom. Naturally, I didn't have to try too hard to get her excited since she's always up for any type of traveling - I just had to work a little harder in convincing her that we would have earned enough by then to get the money for the trip :) So, of course, she consented in the end :)
Thus, I'll be doing more research into hotel rates these few days and hopefully book by the end of this weekend, lest that the rates go up next week! Even though I was hoping to be able celebrate July 4th in NYC for the last time before I leave for Minnesota, hehe, the idea of visiting my second National Park is just too enticing. It's ok right? I can celebrate with the New Yorkers through TV? Or hopefully, with some Aurora Borealis when in Maine :D
here are some pictures that I picked from Google Images without too much deliberation due to lack of time. Hopefully I'll really be there this summer :)
After a brief consultation with sis, I set forth searching for hotel rates and scenic routes to Acadia National Park for this July 4th weekend. As of now, the cheapest rate that I found is $59/night, and having no idea about the quality of the hotel, I didn't want to book it yet. After doing some homework on this possible road trip, I then presented my proposal to mom. Naturally, I didn't have to try too hard to get her excited since she's always up for any type of traveling - I just had to work a little harder in convincing her that we would have earned enough by then to get the money for the trip :) So, of course, she consented in the end :)
Thus, I'll be doing more research into hotel rates these few days and hopefully book by the end of this weekend, lest that the rates go up next week! Even though I was hoping to be able celebrate July 4th in NYC for the last time before I leave for Minnesota, hehe, the idea of visiting my second National Park is just too enticing. It's ok right? I can celebrate with the New Yorkers through TV? Or hopefully, with some Aurora Borealis when in Maine :D
here are some pictures that I picked from Google Images without too much deliberation due to lack of time. Hopefully I'll really be there this summer :)
Sunrise at Otter Cliffs
Waves hitting up near Otter Cliffs - Thunder Hole area
Foggy Thunder Hole
Sunset - Light house



Comments