Shopping spree with Mom!

Haven't been shopping for so long!! Since today's the day after Thanksgiving, most shops have the post-Thanksgiving sales, which are so hot! At first we decided to go in the afternoon, to allow mom to have some sleep before the shopping, but haha after we found out that Macy's post-Thanksgiving sale is starting from 6 am till 12 noon only, we decided that mom will have to go there straight from work and I'll have to wake up at 7 am to take the bus and join up with her. It was so cold today, but very bright and sunny. During the bus ride, I saw such beautiful scenery, the trees of all different shades and colours stretched out along the way, rows of quaint shophouses lined the Village of Setauket and Port Jefferson dock area, and I saw sea again after so long!!

Upon entering the mall, whoa, it was such a huge, bustling place! There was a huge crowd already by the time we reached, about 8 plus. After a short breakfast, we headed straight towards Macy's. Actually, we didn't really buy a lot of things there. Just a couple of warm blankets and an electric blanket that were on sale. Mom was so happy to buy these but I was groaning after we checked the things out. It was so heavy and of course, I was the one who had to carry the things. Only after that, we walked around in search of a winter coat for me. And we finally found one at Sears' after several unsuccessful try-outs in other stores. It was really nice and of good quality, so we decided not to think too much over the price and bought it right away :) And that's what I want to look for in a shopping experience, don't think too much and just buy it if I really like it and it's worth the price I'm going to pay for it :)

I seriously don't remember how we managed to browse through the racks and buy things with all the big, heavy blankets to carry, but anyway, I managed to get myself one more pair of skinny jeans at H&M, and then we headed for lunch. Just a simple lunch at the food court, with a slice of Sbarro pizza and then we left for the bus stop. Oh I forgot to mention that buses at Long Island are VERY INFREQUENT! Some people complain when a bus leaves them waiting for 15 minutes? Haha here, buses run at one-hour intervals during peak period and two-hours off-peak. So, people have to know exactly what time are the buses reaching in order not to miss the bus, and also not to have to wait too long at the bus stop.

When we finally reached home, guess what? Both of us fell straight onto the bed and slept :p It was such an exhausting trip, especially so with the lack of sleep. I had motion sickness again! Luckily this time I did not throw up anymore. This is one of the reason why mom has been pestering dad to get a car once they both passed their driving test here. Shopping is fine, but if we have to travel by buses, then it's too tiring already. So hehe :) really hope that we'll get a car here soon :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homecoming!!

Kelly Lost :'(