Good Ol' Days...

I asked mom last week, when was her good ol' days?
Mom replied, after marriage, there will be no 'the good ol' days' anymore.

I felt so sad after thinking about it some more.

She said, after marriage, you'll be hanging out with your husband most of the time. after having children and build up a family, it will be your sole priority from then on. you'll no longer have time to catch up with friends from the good ol' days. you'll find yourself always on the search for excuses for not knowing about this person's baby or the other person's marriage or another's successful career. Sometimes, you won't even have time for your brothers and sisters anymore.

After brooding about this for one week, I think I can understand why it will turn out that way in the end, but I don't see it as applicable to everyone. Mom has her point of view because she's a working woman and she even had her own business to manage. If this is true for everyone, how come I still see so many tai-tai's sitting in cafes, drinking their favourite cappucino or the trendier latte, chatting away about their lives? And why do I still see women pushing along their baby prams with their girlfriends, shopping in the mall?

I just hope that my life won't turn out to be an absolutely family-oriented one. Not that my family won't be a priority, just that it won't be the only one. Everybody has to have a social life right? We can't just stick with our spouse all the time right? At least that's the point of view of someone who is not married and have never loved before. Maybe I'll turn out to be just the opposite of what I want to be in the end :p

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homecoming!!

Kelly Lost :'(