Freed AT LAST!!
Dear people who encouraged me to work hard for econs,
I'VE DROPPED ECONS AT LAST!!!!
I know this might seem to you guys like I gave up without putting up a real good fight, like gave up just because I got very bad results for this exam. But sometimes I guess hard work is just not enough...For my case, I know there might be this tiny possibility that I'll succeed in getting a good grade for it in A's (good meaning A)...but I'll have to sacrifice other subjects in its place. And since Econs is definitely not going to be related to anything I'm planning to study in the university, I made this decision to drop it...after suffering for so long.
Some people think that those poeple who drop subjects after the DP talk are stupid for allowing themselves to be psychoed into doing that. Aihh...maybe I am...but no one can deny that what the DPs said were wrong right? They do have our best interests at heart, even if we ourselves don't. And guess what? even my scholars friends are starting to drop one A level subjects and even some dropping all their S papers. This is how important A levels can mean to some. They really want to do well and get into university instead of just holding on to many subjects and getting really bad grades for them in A levels.
Actually during the talk, I was really having an internal struggle. Straight after the talk, I called my parents and talked to them. The conclusion of the phone call was that I register for the exam, as in I'll continue with the syllabus, lectures and tutorials but if there is this day that I really can't cope anymore, I'll just focus on the other 3 subjects and forsake econs...That means econs will still be on the list of subjects taken but I'll just don't turn up for the paper in A levels. Haha...sounds like a good plan at first...until suan sim came along and I talked to her for like about 45 mins close to one hour. She analysed everything for me, the pros and cons blah blah...One interesting fact I obtained, for her class 04S61, my senior class, there were only 5 people remaining taking 4 A levels subjects by the time A levels is approaching. Imagine!! S61, a supposedly good class, left 5 people still taking 4A's and out of the 5 people, 4 are scholars who are not encouraged to drop A level subjects!! Whew...after knowing that I guess there'll be a high possibility of me dropping the subject sooner or later...so I think why not now? Cut the sufferings sooner and focus on all the other subjects which I'm sure ( I have to ) that I'll do reasonably well without Econs interfering.
Ok ok...I think I'm still trying to convince myself that I made the correct decision for my future. Sad to say, actually I still feel like a coward for not taking up the challenge. On Friday, in the AVA during guitar camp registration, I couldn't take it anymore. Rushed to the toilet and broke down!! Cry!! Cry!! Cry!! (haha like Moaning Myrtle in Harry Potter :p) People might even think that I just experienced some trauma or someone in the family died. The most embarrassing thing is...then a whole bunch of noisy girls came in!! Haha...then I stopped making noise AT ONCE :p when I came out of the cubicle, it was wh and her netball friends. Well, inevitably, she saw me. She was nice, she told me hey shu ying, don't cry! I was very touched :'( Then I said bye and left quickly back to the AVA :p
Anyway, since now I have only 3 subjects I really must work extra hard already. I know it's a risk that I'm taking here, that all those who dropped one A's are taking here. but it's a choice worth risking because otherwise I'll have no future, I'll have no where to go with my current C,D,E,E,C6. Thank you suan sim for all your help and encouragement! Thank you Mom and Dad for not expecting me to cope more than what I can. Thank you everyone who have given me support in Econs in some way or other all the way from last year till last week. Lastly, sorry Mrs. Praeman, Ms. Wong and Mrs. Wong that I've wasted all your effort in teaching me and making me understand whatever you can.
I'VE DROPPED ECONS AT LAST!!!!
I know this might seem to you guys like I gave up without putting up a real good fight, like gave up just because I got very bad results for this exam. But sometimes I guess hard work is just not enough...For my case, I know there might be this tiny possibility that I'll succeed in getting a good grade for it in A's (good meaning A)...but I'll have to sacrifice other subjects in its place. And since Econs is definitely not going to be related to anything I'm planning to study in the university, I made this decision to drop it...after suffering for so long.
Some people think that those poeple who drop subjects after the DP talk are stupid for allowing themselves to be psychoed into doing that. Aihh...maybe I am...but no one can deny that what the DPs said were wrong right? They do have our best interests at heart, even if we ourselves don't. And guess what? even my scholars friends are starting to drop one A level subjects and even some dropping all their S papers. This is how important A levels can mean to some. They really want to do well and get into university instead of just holding on to many subjects and getting really bad grades for them in A levels.
Actually during the talk, I was really having an internal struggle. Straight after the talk, I called my parents and talked to them. The conclusion of the phone call was that I register for the exam, as in I'll continue with the syllabus, lectures and tutorials but if there is this day that I really can't cope anymore, I'll just focus on the other 3 subjects and forsake econs...That means econs will still be on the list of subjects taken but I'll just don't turn up for the paper in A levels. Haha...sounds like a good plan at first...until suan sim came along and I talked to her for like about 45 mins close to one hour. She analysed everything for me, the pros and cons blah blah...One interesting fact I obtained, for her class 04S61, my senior class, there were only 5 people remaining taking 4 A levels subjects by the time A levels is approaching. Imagine!! S61, a supposedly good class, left 5 people still taking 4A's and out of the 5 people, 4 are scholars who are not encouraged to drop A level subjects!! Whew...after knowing that I guess there'll be a high possibility of me dropping the subject sooner or later...so I think why not now? Cut the sufferings sooner and focus on all the other subjects which I'm sure ( I have to ) that I'll do reasonably well without Econs interfering.
Ok ok...I think I'm still trying to convince myself that I made the correct decision for my future. Sad to say, actually I still feel like a coward for not taking up the challenge. On Friday, in the AVA during guitar camp registration, I couldn't take it anymore. Rushed to the toilet and broke down!! Cry!! Cry!! Cry!! (haha like Moaning Myrtle in Harry Potter :p) People might even think that I just experienced some trauma or someone in the family died. The most embarrassing thing is...then a whole bunch of noisy girls came in!! Haha...then I stopped making noise AT ONCE :p when I came out of the cubicle, it was wh and her netball friends. Well, inevitably, she saw me. She was nice, she told me hey shu ying, don't cry! I was very touched :'( Then I said bye and left quickly back to the AVA :p
Anyway, since now I have only 3 subjects I really must work extra hard already. I know it's a risk that I'm taking here, that all those who dropped one A's are taking here. but it's a choice worth risking because otherwise I'll have no future, I'll have no where to go with my current C,D,E,E,C6. Thank you suan sim for all your help and encouragement! Thank you Mom and Dad for not expecting me to cope more than what I can. Thank you everyone who have given me support in Econs in some way or other all the way from last year till last week. Lastly, sorry Mrs. Praeman, Ms. Wong and Mrs. Wong that I've wasted all your effort in teaching me and making me understand whatever you can.
Comments