A Great Leap Forward

From my all-time favorite 3-year old baby

To the new sweet child of mine


I have just invested my hard-earned money on a used Canon T1i (also known as 500D out of the US) camera body over this Thanksgiving. A new one would cost around $550 ($0 shipping because I'm an Amazon Prime member for this coming year) on Amazon.com but I got a used body from a third-party vendor on Amazon.com for $383 (+shipping & tax = $417.81). Even though it's a used body, I must say that I'm very, very pleased with the condition of the camera and the sharpness of the pictures it is giving me (I had to borrow a lens from a friend since I haven't gotten a lens yet).

Next up, after substantial in-depth research for the past few weeks, I'm eye-ing the Tamron 17-50 mm f/2.8 zoom lens for Canon which will cost me $414 after rebate and the 50 mm f/1.4 prime lens which will cost $360 new. Why, oh, why have I chosen this period money drought to buy these camera gear? Of course, I'm still scouting around for the best deals in the used lenses on Amazon.com, fredmiranda.com, and POTN to ensure that I won't be overspending on the equipment.


and



My logic for getting used camera gear, further encouraged by Kevin, a fellow Canon DSLR enthusiast, is that I'm just an amateur in DSLR photography so there really is no need for new equipment until I have reached at least intermediate level and have made sure that I want to further pursue it as professional hobby.

Then, there are also plenty of accessories that I have to consider. I have found this awesome camera bag by Vanguard Sydney 18 to store and carry my equipment when I'm on the go. First and foremost, it doesn't look like a camera bag, which will prevent from attracting unwanted attention to my treasures when I go out. Then, it is also lightweight and can be interchangeable as a regular messenger bag. Perfecto for my use :) Doesn't it look good? It will cost me $49.99 if I really buy it now though :( So, basically, I don't have anything to carry my camera with now (so much for all that talk :p)


And memory cards! That's the one thing that I have overlooked throughout my research. As of now, with two of my cameras, I have only one 2 GB memory card to share among them. I should really have ordered an extra 4 GB memory card when I bought the camera. So, I'm looking into ordering 2 news ones from Amazon.com for $6.99 each. Meanwhile, I will have to make do with the only one I have in my possession now.



This concludes my uninteresting description of my camera search journey. I'm sick of spending so much money that I can no longer write with passion. Thank you for reading this horrible post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homecoming!!

Praise Be To God...