Siew Lee Came!!! And Left.... :'(
I think out of all my friends, the only person so far that I get to meet in person at least once every year since I went to Singapore is Siew Lee.
At least once. That's a great achievement, due to the fact that every year there was always something major happening either for her or for me. There was this first year that they were all having SPM, 2003. When I went back for holidays, they were all so busy with this and that, but luckily, I got to meet Siew Lee twice after her SPM were all done and before I went back to Singapore.
Then the following year, 2004, I had my O Level's, which delayed my return to Ipoh. I remembered we met up during the end of the year cos there were presents as evidence, but I've seriously forgotten the occasion and the location =X
Then in 2005, I got delayed again due to OP stuff in JC, but still managed to meet her twice before she left for Taiwan for a month of student exchange :) That was a tough period for me cos of family stuff, but luckily she was there to be a great listening ear. Though she may have forgotten about those things that I vented out on her, but her patience then will forever be appreciated :) Just the night before I went back to Singapore for JC2, she managed to make it back to Ipoh, and we met up one last time the next day for like 15 mins??, exchanged presents, and parted again for another year.
After that, in 2006, Siew Lee came to Singapore for university!!!!!!! WHAHAHAHA!! I was so so happy when she told me she was going to NTU that year!! :D We met up a few times in Singapore, yeah just a few times cos that was A Level's period for me already :( Exchange of presents always happens when we met up :) Birthdays were celebrated :) Aahh if anything, I really missed that year a lot cos my best friend was there to celebrate my 20th birthday :) That picture of her standing at the MRT station waiting for me with a cake will stay in my mind for always :) Sadly, I had to leave for US in December, and I don't remember meeting up with her before I left due to transportation problems :(
In 2007, when I went back to Malaysia and Singapore for one month, we met up once again!! I crashed her freshies' camp trial run(is that what you call it?) for a night, slept over at her dorm room, and then left the other day. Birthday presents as always were exchanged, and friendship reaffirmed :)
Finally, this year, 2008. She came to US!!!!!!!!!! She joined a(the) work-and-travel program, assigned to Cedar Point Amusement Park at Sandusky, Ohio. We managed to talk on the phone a few times despite both our busy life. Her working life, my studying life. Then she came to NEW YORK last weekend!!!! It felt really, really amazing to be able to meet up with her here at New York, and I'm really very thankful to the Lord for her timely arrival to motivate me and cheer me on for the remaining summer classes. The only regret that I had for last weekend was, I was the only one on the receiving end of presents. I didn't get her anything AT ALL! She gave me a watch for birthday, and it was exactly something that I've always wanted after so long! I was so shocked when she handed it to me, but it didn't occur to me then that I need to get a present for her before she leaves! See how selfish I have become?? She slept over at my place after our walk on Brooklyn Bridge and a little of Chinatown. We only talked a little that night cos we were both very tired. The next day, we went out for the whole day with her travel companions, and I asked along Kai Li as well. That was a really long day of walking, walking and walking. At the end of the day, we parted ways again as she went in with her friends to watch Phantom of the Opera, while Kai Li and I left for home. You know what, I regretted not spending $61 for the musical, ONE, I could've just seized the opportunity to watch the show, TWO, I would've been able to spend more time with a best friend!! WHY OH WHY did I not watch it then?? My brain must have not been functioning well then..but these regrets will be left in my heart to dwell upon forever, unless I make it up somehow before this year ends.
Sigh...Her short stay here at New York is already being missed!! She's having fun now at Orlando, Florida, at DisneyWorld.
To my dear friend, when will we meet again? I don't know. That's the answer that I've been giving to all my other friends as well. Hopefully, if fate allows, we'll meet again next year, if I get to go back. If not, the trend will be broken, but I know, the friendship, never ends.
At least once. That's a great achievement, due to the fact that every year there was always something major happening either for her or for me. There was this first year that they were all having SPM, 2003. When I went back for holidays, they were all so busy with this and that, but luckily, I got to meet Siew Lee twice after her SPM were all done and before I went back to Singapore.
Then the following year, 2004, I had my O Level's, which delayed my return to Ipoh. I remembered we met up during the end of the year cos there were presents as evidence, but I've seriously forgotten the occasion and the location =X
Then in 2005, I got delayed again due to OP stuff in JC, but still managed to meet her twice before she left for Taiwan for a month of student exchange :) That was a tough period for me cos of family stuff, but luckily she was there to be a great listening ear. Though she may have forgotten about those things that I vented out on her, but her patience then will forever be appreciated :) Just the night before I went back to Singapore for JC2, she managed to make it back to Ipoh, and we met up one last time the next day for like 15 mins??, exchanged presents, and parted again for another year.
After that, in 2006, Siew Lee came to Singapore for university!!!!!!! WHAHAHAHA!! I was so so happy when she told me she was going to NTU that year!! :D We met up a few times in Singapore, yeah just a few times cos that was A Level's period for me already :( Exchange of presents always happens when we met up :) Birthdays were celebrated :) Aahh if anything, I really missed that year a lot cos my best friend was there to celebrate my 20th birthday :) That picture of her standing at the MRT station waiting for me with a cake will stay in my mind for always :) Sadly, I had to leave for US in December, and I don't remember meeting up with her before I left due to transportation problems :(
In 2007, when I went back to Malaysia and Singapore for one month, we met up once again!! I crashed her freshies' camp trial run(is that what you call it?) for a night, slept over at her dorm room, and then left the other day. Birthday presents as always were exchanged, and friendship reaffirmed :)
Finally, this year, 2008. She came to US!!!!!!!!!! She joined a(the) work-and-travel program, assigned to Cedar Point Amusement Park at Sandusky, Ohio. We managed to talk on the phone a few times despite both our busy life. Her working life, my studying life. Then she came to NEW YORK last weekend!!!! It felt really, really amazing to be able to meet up with her here at New York, and I'm really very thankful to the Lord for her timely arrival to motivate me and cheer me on for the remaining summer classes. The only regret that I had for last weekend was, I was the only one on the receiving end of presents. I didn't get her anything AT ALL! She gave me a watch for birthday, and it was exactly something that I've always wanted after so long! I was so shocked when she handed it to me, but it didn't occur to me then that I need to get a present for her before she leaves! See how selfish I have become?? She slept over at my place after our walk on Brooklyn Bridge and a little of Chinatown. We only talked a little that night cos we were both very tired. The next day, we went out for the whole day with her travel companions, and I asked along Kai Li as well. That was a really long day of walking, walking and walking. At the end of the day, we parted ways again as she went in with her friends to watch Phantom of the Opera, while Kai Li and I left for home. You know what, I regretted not spending $61 for the musical, ONE, I could've just seized the opportunity to watch the show, TWO, I would've been able to spend more time with a best friend!! WHY OH WHY did I not watch it then?? My brain must have not been functioning well then..but these regrets will be left in my heart to dwell upon forever, unless I make it up somehow before this year ends.
Sigh...Her short stay here at New York is already being missed!! She's having fun now at Orlando, Florida, at DisneyWorld.
To my dear friend, when will we meet again? I don't know. That's the answer that I've been giving to all my other friends as well. Hopefully, if fate allows, we'll meet again next year, if I get to go back. If not, the trend will be broken, but I know, the friendship, never ends.
Comments