梁静茹 - 给未来的自己
站在狂风的天台一望无际
这一座孤寂的城市
在天空与高楼交接的尽头
谁追寻空旷的自由
阳光覆满这一刻宁静的我
隔绝了喧嚣和冷漠
川流不息的人游荡在街头
谁能听见谁的寂寞
找一个人惶惶相惜
找一颗心心心相印
在这个宇宙 我是独一无二
没人能取代
不管怎样 怎样都会受伤
伤了又怎样 至少我很坚强
我很坦荡
夜幕笼罩灿烂的一片灯海
多少人多少种无奈
在星光里遗忘昨天的伤害
一觉醒来还有期待
我不放弃爱的勇气
我不怀疑会有真心
我要握住 一个最美的梦
给未来的自己
一天一天 一天推翻一天
坚持的信仰
我会记住自己今天的模样
有一个人惶惶相惜
有一颗心心心相印
抛开过去 我想认真去追寻
未来的自己
不管怎样 怎样都会受伤
伤了又怎样 至少我很坚强
我很坦荡
我不放弃爱的勇气
我不怀疑会有真心
我要握住 一个最美的梦
给未来的自己
不管怎样 怎样都会受伤
伤了又怎样 至少我很坚强
我很坦荡
未来的你 会懂我的疯狂
Sometimes, tough times.
Got to face them, and beat them.
That's the law of survival.
Anyways, haven't been updating for so long. Finals were over since 5/19. I wasn't in the mood to update or to get in contact with the rest of the world, so please excuse my absence.
I met most of my expectations for my results, and I did get an A for my BIO 203, but it seemed to be at the expense of CHE 132 which got a shocking A-. I'm quite disappointed for not being able to get a GPA of 4.0 again, for my first semester at Stony Brook :( But to think about it, I'm taking 6 subjects this semester after all, compared to 4 subs at Brooklyn College. So well, I guess, I'm not that good after all. BUT IT WAS A MERE 3 POINTS TO AN A!!!! :'(
I've been spending time at a nail salon for the past week and a half. Learning a skill. Manicure and pedicure. I may be working part time at a nail salon during the summer. So sick of the smell of nail polish and acetone now. Don't be surprise if I get lung cancer in the future, I've researched on the potential health risks of being in prolong contact with acetone :( But I have no other choice, no other means to make ends meet.
First day of summer class starts tomorrow. So not looking forward to it. The schedule for organic chem is mad crazy! Guess what? After the first week of class, I'll be having my first midterm exam in the Monday of the second week!! And the second, third and final exam in the subsequent weeks! I was stunned when I checked the schedule online. So this is summer class. BUT I'M TAKING TWO!!! Another one is Calculus. I think, I'm on my way to become a superwoman.
So, to my future superwoman self, if you really are one: Remember how you got here. There's always give and take in life, it is something that I've always firmly believe in. Do not lament about the things that you have had to give up on, instead, make those sacrifices worthwhile.
Ok wait, there's FutureMe for that. So I shall not elaborate on that.
More updates. We finally got a car here, mainly for me and my mom's use. So I've been driving a little here and there. Starting from tomorrow will be driving to school and to work. I like the car, very easy to drive :) It's a Toyota Corolla LE, in sand/golden colour, can't tell which. I still remember the day that I drove it back from Brooklyn to Coram, with dad and mom as the passengers. I'm positive I gave them the 2-hour fright-ride of their lives(even though they told me I drove well), what with mom squealing on occasions and dad trying look as controlled as he could :p With a car, comes the headache of gas price now. I've never looked at the price of gas twice before. Now I double check again and again before I decide to pump gas from that station. Exxon and Mobil - $4.29/gallon latest! Sunoco - $4.259/gallon. I forgot about the others. What's the point of remembering anyway? They fluctuate every other hour and day. I join the rest of the Americans in their fight to get gas price back down to $2.00/gallon. Highly unachievable though. Sigh sigh sigh.....
I guess this is enough update to keep my blog alive for, another month perhaps? I was actually contemplating shutting down the blog, but I haven't made a decision yet. I'll see how.
Take care meanwhile, people.
*poof*
这一座孤寂的城市
在天空与高楼交接的尽头
谁追寻空旷的自由
阳光覆满这一刻宁静的我
隔绝了喧嚣和冷漠
川流不息的人游荡在街头
谁能听见谁的寂寞
找一个人惶惶相惜
找一颗心心心相印
在这个宇宙 我是独一无二
没人能取代
不管怎样 怎样都会受伤
伤了又怎样 至少我很坚强
我很坦荡
夜幕笼罩灿烂的一片灯海
多少人多少种无奈
在星光里遗忘昨天的伤害
一觉醒来还有期待
我不放弃爱的勇气
我不怀疑会有真心
我要握住 一个最美的梦
给未来的自己
一天一天 一天推翻一天
坚持的信仰
我会记住自己今天的模样
有一个人惶惶相惜
有一颗心心心相印
抛开过去 我想认真去追寻
未来的自己
不管怎样 怎样都会受伤
伤了又怎样 至少我很坚强
我很坦荡
我不放弃爱的勇气
我不怀疑会有真心
我要握住 一个最美的梦
给未来的自己
不管怎样 怎样都会受伤
伤了又怎样 至少我很坚强
我很坦荡
未来的你 会懂我的疯狂
Sometimes, tough times.
Got to face them, and beat them.
That's the law of survival.
Anyways, haven't been updating for so long. Finals were over since 5/19. I wasn't in the mood to update or to get in contact with the rest of the world, so please excuse my absence.
I met most of my expectations for my results, and I did get an A for my BIO 203, but it seemed to be at the expense of CHE 132 which got a shocking A-. I'm quite disappointed for not being able to get a GPA of 4.0 again, for my first semester at Stony Brook :( But to think about it, I'm taking 6 subjects this semester after all, compared to 4 subs at Brooklyn College. So well, I guess, I'm not that good after all. BUT IT WAS A MERE 3 POINTS TO AN A!!!! :'(
I've been spending time at a nail salon for the past week and a half. Learning a skill. Manicure and pedicure. I may be working part time at a nail salon during the summer. So sick of the smell of nail polish and acetone now. Don't be surprise if I get lung cancer in the future, I've researched on the potential health risks of being in prolong contact with acetone :( But I have no other choice, no other means to make ends meet.
First day of summer class starts tomorrow. So not looking forward to it. The schedule for organic chem is mad crazy! Guess what? After the first week of class, I'll be having my first midterm exam in the Monday of the second week!! And the second, third and final exam in the subsequent weeks! I was stunned when I checked the schedule online. So this is summer class. BUT I'M TAKING TWO!!! Another one is Calculus. I think, I'm on my way to become a superwoman.
So, to my future superwoman self, if you really are one: Remember how you got here. There's always give and take in life, it is something that I've always firmly believe in. Do not lament about the things that you have had to give up on, instead, make those sacrifices worthwhile.
Ok wait, there's FutureMe for that. So I shall not elaborate on that.
More updates. We finally got a car here, mainly for me and my mom's use. So I've been driving a little here and there. Starting from tomorrow will be driving to school and to work. I like the car, very easy to drive :) It's a Toyota Corolla LE, in sand/golden colour, can't tell which. I still remember the day that I drove it back from Brooklyn to Coram, with dad and mom as the passengers. I'm positive I gave them the 2-hour fright-ride of their lives(even though they told me I drove well), what with mom squealing on occasions and dad trying look as controlled as he could :p With a car, comes the headache of gas price now. I've never looked at the price of gas twice before. Now I double check again and again before I decide to pump gas from that station. Exxon and Mobil - $4.29/gallon latest! Sunoco - $4.259/gallon. I forgot about the others. What's the point of remembering anyway? They fluctuate every other hour and day. I join the rest of the Americans in their fight to get gas price back down to $2.00/gallon. Highly unachievable though. Sigh sigh sigh.....
I guess this is enough update to keep my blog alive for, another month perhaps? I was actually contemplating shutting down the blog, but I haven't made a decision yet. I'll see how.
Take care meanwhile, people.
*poof*
Comments