ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!
This was what Kevin Garnett shouted several times so emotionally when interviewed after the Celtics victory. Yes!! Celtics won the 2008 NBA Finals!! And it was truly an awesome game, awesome defense, awesome steals, awesome cooperation between the team players. Whew, 131-92, what a huge stretch in between. I really don't regret sacrificing study time to watch this championship defining game :)
After 22 years. They last won in 1986. Imagine that hunger, that desperation, that determination to get that trophy finally in their hands. I can only imagine that feeling, and compare it to my seemingly pathetic similar experience of winning the 2002 Perak Marching Band Competition :p They really, really deserve this trophy. Paul Pierce really, really deserves his MVP title for the finals. I applaud his performance, along with Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, as well as Rajon Rondo, not to forget P.J Brown and Leon Powe for their input in the previous games. As I watch the big three getting off the game early, and celebrating their win, I felt as if my heart would burst from happiness!! The look in their eyes, the man-tears, the chest bumps, the bear hugs, and the head-(massage? I really don't know what that action is called. It's like what an older brother would do to a younger brother when the younger brother did something great, you put your hand on the person's head and give it some, massage? Oh wells, I really don't know :p)
Anyway! Yay to Celtics!! I rooted for a really great team after all. Where did all the previous assumptions come from? Why did I even assume that Celtics won't stand a chance with Lakers because of Kobe Bryant?? My bad :p Kobe Bryant, is still the earth's greatest player( according to the game commentators), HOWEVER, this is not a one-man game after all. Just look at the Celtics defense system, and you'll know why Bryant only scored 22 points throughout the entire game.
Oh my gosh oh my gosh. My mind just can't stop replaying the highlights of tonight's game. Ooh, I have to mention the steals. Rondo. He really showed what he has tonight, stealing tonight's limelight, with 7/8 steals(can't remember exactly), and all of them are credits to his keen eye, great speed, and just pure wit. If you can, you've really really got to watch this final game. Maybe they have it on ESPN or something. I'm telling you, it is not something to be missed, if you have any level of interest in basketball at all, that is :)
I almost cried, watching Garnett's short interview. His emotions, all their emotions, truly affected me, even as a tv viewer. They've worked hard, and now their hard work has paid off, regaining the victory for the Boston Celtics!!! Thus, you see, anything is really possible, as long as you put your heart and soul into it.
Garnett said it all, in just 3 words. Anything is possible.
And so, this leads me to another recent update: The James' Curse

Anything is possible, right? So here goes my first parking ticket at Stony Brook. Just because I believed the wrong thing, I didn't put ANY money at all into the parking meter and just rushed to lecture. I called it the James' Curse cos James was the one who said that I'll definitely get a ticket for not putting in any money at all. And to think that I still reassured him that I'm not worried cos I have legitimate reasons to do so, which turned out to not even stand a blow when I used that reason to appeal the summons. Sigh. Here goes another $30.00 flying away from me. Like I'm not broke enough -.-
Anyway. YAYS!!!!!!!!!!!! :)))))))))))))))))))
After 22 years. They last won in 1986. Imagine that hunger, that desperation, that determination to get that trophy finally in their hands. I can only imagine that feeling, and compare it to my seemingly pathetic similar experience of winning the 2002 Perak Marching Band Competition :p They really, really deserve this trophy. Paul Pierce really, really deserves his MVP title for the finals. I applaud his performance, along with Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, as well as Rajon Rondo, not to forget P.J Brown and Leon Powe for their input in the previous games. As I watch the big three getting off the game early, and celebrating their win, I felt as if my heart would burst from happiness!! The look in their eyes, the man-tears, the chest bumps, the bear hugs, and the head-(massage? I really don't know what that action is called. It's like what an older brother would do to a younger brother when the younger brother did something great, you put your hand on the person's head and give it some, massage? Oh wells, I really don't know :p)
Anyway! Yay to Celtics!! I rooted for a really great team after all. Where did all the previous assumptions come from? Why did I even assume that Celtics won't stand a chance with Lakers because of Kobe Bryant?? My bad :p Kobe Bryant, is still the earth's greatest player( according to the game commentators), HOWEVER, this is not a one-man game after all. Just look at the Celtics defense system, and you'll know why Bryant only scored 22 points throughout the entire game.
Oh my gosh oh my gosh. My mind just can't stop replaying the highlights of tonight's game. Ooh, I have to mention the steals. Rondo. He really showed what he has tonight, stealing tonight's limelight, with 7/8 steals(can't remember exactly), and all of them are credits to his keen eye, great speed, and just pure wit. If you can, you've really really got to watch this final game. Maybe they have it on ESPN or something. I'm telling you, it is not something to be missed, if you have any level of interest in basketball at all, that is :)
I almost cried, watching Garnett's short interview. His emotions, all their emotions, truly affected me, even as a tv viewer. They've worked hard, and now their hard work has paid off, regaining the victory for the Boston Celtics!!! Thus, you see, anything is really possible, as long as you put your heart and soul into it.
Garnett said it all, in just 3 words. Anything is possible.
And so, this leads me to another recent update: The James' Curse

Anything is possible, right? So here goes my first parking ticket at Stony Brook. Just because I believed the wrong thing, I didn't put ANY money at all into the parking meter and just rushed to lecture. I called it the James' Curse cos James was the one who said that I'll definitely get a ticket for not putting in any money at all. And to think that I still reassured him that I'm not worried cos I have legitimate reasons to do so, which turned out to not even stand a blow when I used that reason to appeal the summons. Sigh. Here goes another $30.00 flying away from me. Like I'm not broke enough -.-
Anyway. YAYS!!!!!!!!!!!! :)))))))))))))))))))
Comments