Hands...
I was suddenly brought back to this particular evening.
It was a 403 class outing at East Coast. In fact, the only one ever organized on that scale with such a big turn-up among our class. After the BBQ, a group of us were walking down the pedestrian path. I was walking with my gang. We were playing with Jon Jung's skateboard. I was trying on it, my first ever skateboard experience in my life. My own stupidity made me step on it with my left foot, instead of my steadier right. I went on it, pushed the skateboard lightly with my free foot, and there I was moving slowly and wobbly on the skateboard. Credits to my stupidity again, I tried to go a little faster though I wasn't even balanced. Standing on my weak left leg, pushing harder with my right foot, I almost toppled as I lifted my right foot. On either side of me, there was Elaine and Xenia. To this day, I still remember their hands catching me on both sides to prevent me from toppling down. It was their hands that caught me before I fell down. They prevented me from suffering a potentially embarrassing fall.
It was actually a very, very minor incident. Nobody even mentioned anything after that. After a relieved 'thank you' from me, it was Xenia's turn to try on the skateboard.
I just want to say, having friends around us, who will always keep a look out for us, who will always catch you when you're about to fall, who will always pull you back up when you fell, that's really a blessing. Those hands, are very important. It can make or break a person.
I was really blessed before but I had not realized it. Now, those hands were no longer beside me. There are no hands by my side anymore to catch me when I am going to fall, no hands to pull me back up when I fell.
Please tell me how to grow these hands again. I need to develop new support network. I cannot survive by myself.
This is the absolute sign of the onset of depression, or perhaps, depression itself.
It was a 403 class outing at East Coast. In fact, the only one ever organized on that scale with such a big turn-up among our class. After the BBQ, a group of us were walking down the pedestrian path. I was walking with my gang. We were playing with Jon Jung's skateboard. I was trying on it, my first ever skateboard experience in my life. My own stupidity made me step on it with my left foot, instead of my steadier right. I went on it, pushed the skateboard lightly with my free foot, and there I was moving slowly and wobbly on the skateboard. Credits to my stupidity again, I tried to go a little faster though I wasn't even balanced. Standing on my weak left leg, pushing harder with my right foot, I almost toppled as I lifted my right foot. On either side of me, there was Elaine and Xenia. To this day, I still remember their hands catching me on both sides to prevent me from toppling down. It was their hands that caught me before I fell down. They prevented me from suffering a potentially embarrassing fall.
It was actually a very, very minor incident. Nobody even mentioned anything after that. After a relieved 'thank you' from me, it was Xenia's turn to try on the skateboard.
I just want to say, having friends around us, who will always keep a look out for us, who will always catch you when you're about to fall, who will always pull you back up when you fell, that's really a blessing. Those hands, are very important. It can make or break a person.
I was really blessed before but I had not realized it. Now, those hands were no longer beside me. There are no hands by my side anymore to catch me when I am going to fall, no hands to pull me back up when I fell.
Please tell me how to grow these hands again. I need to develop new support network. I cannot survive by myself.
This is the absolute sign of the onset of depression, or perhaps, depression itself.
Comments