Touching surprises...
It's no wonder how people are instantaneously cheered up when they receive a card from a friend. Everytime you received a card out of the blue, you'll feel so warm and fuzzy inside even before you open the card and find out who sent it. It's something like the assurance from that card in your mailbox that someone out there, an old friend of yours maybe, still cares for you and will still find time to write you a card to wish you a happy birthday no matter how busy they are.
Even though my birthday has long past, I am still being surprised by belated greeting cards. There are 3 in total. The first week after my birthday, I received one from Far. Despite sending it one week before my birthday, it came one week after it. It came as a surprise because I thought she would be busy with university stuff already. How glad I was when I know that she took time to write and have even gotten it all prepared one week before :) Thank you again, Far!
Next, 2 weeks later, I received a card stamped from Australia. From an online friend, MK. This is really, really a big surprise because I never thought that he would write anymore due to his really busy uni life too. We used to write to each other for a short period of time when we were 15. But somehow it ended up being greeting cards only correpondence. Still! It felt great to receive something so unexpected. And for the first time in my life, something from Australia :)
Lastly, today! After more than one month from my birthday, I received a card from YeQin!! Haha this is such a pleasant surprise for me! I opened the mailbox as usual when I came home from school, then there it is with my name on it and her name at the back! This is really my greatest surprise because it's like after so super long already!! Haha no lah actually each card came as my greatest surprise until the next one arrives :p Thank you so much YQ! Thanks for the photo enclosed too and yeap, I agree that great minds think alike! ;)
I am glad to know that there are still people like me in this world who likes to communicate through the old-fashioned way. It's so hard, despite the convenience, to find time nowadays to go to a store to pick out a card, write on the card, find if not buy, enough stamps for it and drop it into the mailbox. The people who still bother, truly understand how does it feel like to hold in your hands, a letter full of care and concern poured out in real life handwriting, enriched greatly by the little cartoons, smiley faces that are unique trademarks of each person and mostly, by the familiar handwriting stretched across before your eyes.
Thank you, to people who understand and treasure that feeling.
Even though my birthday has long past, I am still being surprised by belated greeting cards. There are 3 in total. The first week after my birthday, I received one from Far. Despite sending it one week before my birthday, it came one week after it. It came as a surprise because I thought she would be busy with university stuff already. How glad I was when I know that she took time to write and have even gotten it all prepared one week before :) Thank you again, Far!
Next, 2 weeks later, I received a card stamped from Australia. From an online friend, MK. This is really, really a big surprise because I never thought that he would write anymore due to his really busy uni life too. We used to write to each other for a short period of time when we were 15. But somehow it ended up being greeting cards only correpondence. Still! It felt great to receive something so unexpected. And for the first time in my life, something from Australia :)
Lastly, today! After more than one month from my birthday, I received a card from YeQin!! Haha this is such a pleasant surprise for me! I opened the mailbox as usual when I came home from school, then there it is with my name on it and her name at the back! This is really my greatest surprise because it's like after so super long already!! Haha no lah actually each card came as my greatest surprise until the next one arrives :p Thank you so much YQ! Thanks for the photo enclosed too and yeap, I agree that great minds think alike! ;)
I am glad to know that there are still people like me in this world who likes to communicate through the old-fashioned way. It's so hard, despite the convenience, to find time nowadays to go to a store to pick out a card, write on the card, find if not buy, enough stamps for it and drop it into the mailbox. The people who still bother, truly understand how does it feel like to hold in your hands, a letter full of care and concern poured out in real life handwriting, enriched greatly by the little cartoons, smiley faces that are unique trademarks of each person and mostly, by the familiar handwriting stretched across before your eyes.
Thank you, to people who understand and treasure that feeling.
Comments