Corrections...

I feel bad for making Jonathan Lethem's work look that bad. After I re-read the whole book for an English assigment, I find that I understood him better, and actually started liking his sense of humour. He's not the quirky type, neither is he the direct smack-in-your-face type. As I said, he's those twirling round and round type and in the middle, you have catch his humour, if not you'll miss it and that's really too bad for you. Another one is that he'll write seriously for two whole pages and out comes one sentence that will make you laugh out straight just by imagining what he just said.

Anyway that's not really my point. My point is that I am suddenly caught up in an arts fever. That's inspired after reading Jonathan Lethem. He's into the clean, orderly type of arts, surrealism, however he grew up watching his father, Richard Lethem, drawing paint-drippy, abstract exhibitionism was the term used. Not to mention naked bodies.

I prefer surrealism after comparing the two.
Here's De Chirico ( all artwork obtained from Wikipedia under Giorgio de Chirico)




Melancholy and Mystery of a Street




The Enigma of The Hour

And here's some Rene Magritte ( all artworks obtained from Wikipedia under Rene Magritte)



Magritte: The Son of Man


The Human Condition 1935

I don't dare to upload more. If you're interested just visit Wikipedia and search for surrealist painters. There are lots more nice artswork there :)

And now what about Richard Lethem's? Well, this is his webpage where his works are displayed Richard Lethem's gallery


Alrighty, I stayed up this long hoping to correct any wrong impression that I had made of Jonathan Lethem and now it's time to sleep. Good night everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homecoming!!

Kelly Lost :'(