This is the end.
I can't believe it. I really, really cannot believe it. It's over? You...you mean the A Levels is over? Yes. It's over. It's really over. And I'm still in shock. Stunned.
Thoughts that went through my head during the last twenty minutes of today's bio paper. "Wooh, twenty minutes left and everything will be over." "Okay. So humph..denitrifying bacteria, nitrifying bacteria, increase nitrates? decrease nitrogen?" "Oh my goodness, my goodness! fifteen!" "Ok go back to the fourth question. Concentrate la woman!!" "ten!!" Hmm..later how leh. got so many things to do today. scared no time leh. that irresponsible friend lo. aihh. make me have to waste my time go back boon keng first. Later the embassy close liao how?!! Aihh..." 'Alright. The time now is 9.10am. Candidates please put your pens down. No more writing. Please hand in your blah blah blah....' "AAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Yup. Those are some of the pieces of thoughts that I was thinking during the last lap of the paper. Scary right? Where got people think of such things during an exam one? This is how traumatising A levels has been to me. Since the start of year 2005. But of course, I shall spare my friends a recount of how terrible the entire experience has been to me. It's a cause to celebrate now that it's finally over!! So Yay!!! Let's rejoice!!!!!!!
My post-exam celebrations are quite sian though. But I'm partly to be blamed, well ok not partly, mostly. First, went to take neoprints with nat, xy and bern at heeren. Daniel was tagging along with us at first and he crapped non-stop!! Goodness!! I was so disturbed until I had to walk faster in front and leave him and the rest behind. Can't stand it. But I admit it's very rude of me to do that. Sorry Daniel but I won't be seeing you anymore for the rest of my life ( god-willing :p ) after prom so let me show some attitude problems which I would only dare to exhibit to nice people :) Took us more than 45 minutes, I think for the entire shooting, decorating and choosing process. And the results weren't very nice either. But it's going to be memorable to me. Haha all of us with our eyebags plus stunned faces :p
Then rushed off back to bk to collect my autograph book from her. Turns out she's heading towards dhoby ghaut too!! Aahh!! Lack of communication! 'Improvements in technology has led to less social interaction between human beings. Do you agree?' Haha that's a dose of GP for you ;) Don't worry it's healthy stuff. Been missing it since the paper ended on 2nd nov :p ( yeah right! :p ) Back on the train, talked about prom. And I haven't bought a prom dress yet!!! No time liao la! But I don't want to wear my secondary school one. Haih..Must squeeze the time out for shopping in Johor soon!! Haha!!
After that, rushed to the Canadian embassy. Haha I think I sounded like I know the embassy area very well the other time when messaging nat but actually I'm not :p I was just having a temporary photographic mind when I'm in survival mode finding my way alone down there :p Practically ran to the embassy la! Then upon reaching One George Street, the receptionist down there, after enquring what's my business there and gave me a pass, seeing that I was all sweaty and panting, told me very kindly that the embassy is closing at 12.30pm, not 12 noon as the common misconception of those other people who suffered like me too. I was instantly, deflated. You mean, I ran like mad in my school uniform, big bulky school bag, bearing part of my school reputation, in the middle of a busy business district at raffles place, for nothing??!! Haha but of course I am thankful that it's not closed la :p and yay the visa is approved!! I was so worried when the other day the woman told me it might not be coz they would suggest a direct flight to US. Whew. Another cross off my to-do list :)
Then rushed off again to meet nat and xy for lunch at taka. Talked about quite some heavy stuff la. But it felt normal then. What am I talking about la? :p Anyway, we sat there talking and haha guess what? We went to orchard library :p A funny place to hang out after exam, it might seem to most others, but haha they don't know what treasures that were hidden inside the library today. At least for me and xy those are treasures la :p I found an expensive, rare, something that I want and need, plus last-on-the-shelf.....TOEFL iBT Test-takers Guide by Princeton Review!!! Hahaha. Siao -.- Yep. That's my treasure since I'm really in need of that book to prepare for TOEFL next Sunday. Really thank God for it. Then xy got her hands on her usual supply of comics. Was it comics today or some other books? Can't remember liao.
Around 2pm I left them and went back to je. Quite an abrupt end to our celebration but I had no choice but to leave them then. Aihh. Then finished some stuff at je, ate a super full dinner with sis, watched tian wai fei xian and superstar, then came back to hostel. So sad coz one of my post-exam celebration activity got blown off. I didn't go with px they all to Orchard to see the Christmas lightings in the end. Had to settle some really urgent matters before dinner. Aihh. A pity, a pity. But, I had the most satisfying ending to this significant day. Not blogging at this hour of course, but I just watched a movie, Click. ( As in it's really named Click :p ) It's super, super touching. For those who have never watched before, please please, do go and watch. I cried like mad la. Again. Oh it's about family life. And the events that were portrayed in the movie really depicts the world today very well. More and more people are sacrificing their family lives for work. to get a promotion. to please their bosses. to earn more money, well, for the sake of the family. to gain fame. to what ever reason you can think of. They have lost sight of the true meaning of life. They've forgotten, in their pursue of all those material stuff, what is the most important, most life-enriching,most difficult to lose but once lost is most difficult to regain - family life. love. It teaches us to treasure every single moment we have with our loved ones starting now, today. Don't wait till when you're older, or when you have more free time, or when you've moved away from the house, or only during your darkest moments in life. Your parents. They won't be around for long. Just close your eyes. Take some time off and imagine a little now( after reading this la :p ) it won't be too hard. Thirty years down the road. You are an adult already. May and may not have kids. But still, you ARE an adult already. What happens? You make your own decisions. You work. You take care of yourself and your own family. You are independent. Without your parents around. Yeah. without somebody who's seen you grown up, watching you carefully along your life journey and whom are the first people that you see when you first open your eyes as a baby and when you wake up in the morning? Not for me now la. Haven't seen mine for 4 months plus distance now is like 24 hours in between. Most people would never think of what happens then. Now they're like thinking not around not around lo. Better still. So naggy. So ke-poh. So fierce. So strict. I wanna leave as soon I got wings. They naturally assume that their parents will be around forever, a habit to think that they'll always be around. Sorry wishful thinking horr. They will be gone someday.
Ok enough!!! You think about the rest of the things that you think I want to say yourself la. Tired. I don't know why am I so preachy after watching Click. But that's the extent of its impact on me. Yawn..k liao must go to sleep liao. Tomorrow still must go shopping with sis!! Yay!! Super long never go out with her liao. So happy!!! :)
p/s my 101st post in this blog. A new beginning after the end of the previous. Life goes on.
Thoughts that went through my head during the last twenty minutes of today's bio paper. "Wooh, twenty minutes left and everything will be over." "Okay. So humph..denitrifying bacteria, nitrifying bacteria, increase nitrates? decrease nitrogen?" "Oh my goodness, my goodness! fifteen!" "Ok go back to the fourth question. Concentrate la woman!!" "ten!!" Hmm..later how leh. got so many things to do today. scared no time leh. that irresponsible friend lo. aihh. make me have to waste my time go back boon keng first. Later the embassy close liao how?!! Aihh..." 'Alright. The time now is 9.10am. Candidates please put your pens down. No more writing. Please hand in your blah blah blah....' "AAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Yup. Those are some of the pieces of thoughts that I was thinking during the last lap of the paper. Scary right? Where got people think of such things during an exam one? This is how traumatising A levels has been to me. Since the start of year 2005. But of course, I shall spare my friends a recount of how terrible the entire experience has been to me. It's a cause to celebrate now that it's finally over!! So Yay!!! Let's rejoice!!!!!!!
My post-exam celebrations are quite sian though. But I'm partly to be blamed, well ok not partly, mostly. First, went to take neoprints with nat, xy and bern at heeren. Daniel was tagging along with us at first and he crapped non-stop!! Goodness!! I was so disturbed until I had to walk faster in front and leave him and the rest behind. Can't stand it. But I admit it's very rude of me to do that. Sorry Daniel but I won't be seeing you anymore for the rest of my life ( god-willing :p ) after prom so let me show some attitude problems which I would only dare to exhibit to nice people :) Took us more than 45 minutes, I think for the entire shooting, decorating and choosing process. And the results weren't very nice either. But it's going to be memorable to me. Haha all of us with our eyebags plus stunned faces :p
Then rushed off back to bk to collect my autograph book from her. Turns out she's heading towards dhoby ghaut too!! Aahh!! Lack of communication! 'Improvements in technology has led to less social interaction between human beings. Do you agree?' Haha that's a dose of GP for you ;) Don't worry it's healthy stuff. Been missing it since the paper ended on 2nd nov :p ( yeah right! :p ) Back on the train, talked about prom. And I haven't bought a prom dress yet!!! No time liao la! But I don't want to wear my secondary school one. Haih..Must squeeze the time out for shopping in Johor soon!! Haha!!
After that, rushed to the Canadian embassy. Haha I think I sounded like I know the embassy area very well the other time when messaging nat but actually I'm not :p I was just having a temporary photographic mind when I'm in survival mode finding my way alone down there :p Practically ran to the embassy la! Then upon reaching One George Street, the receptionist down there, after enquring what's my business there and gave me a pass, seeing that I was all sweaty and panting, told me very kindly that the embassy is closing at 12.30pm, not 12 noon as the common misconception of those other people who suffered like me too. I was instantly, deflated. You mean, I ran like mad in my school uniform, big bulky school bag, bearing part of my school reputation, in the middle of a busy business district at raffles place, for nothing??!! Haha but of course I am thankful that it's not closed la :p and yay the visa is approved!! I was so worried when the other day the woman told me it might not be coz they would suggest a direct flight to US. Whew. Another cross off my to-do list :)
Then rushed off again to meet nat and xy for lunch at taka. Talked about quite some heavy stuff la. But it felt normal then. What am I talking about la? :p Anyway, we sat there talking and haha guess what? We went to orchard library :p A funny place to hang out after exam, it might seem to most others, but haha they don't know what treasures that were hidden inside the library today. At least for me and xy those are treasures la :p I found an expensive, rare, something that I want and need, plus last-on-the-shelf.....TOEFL iBT Test-takers Guide by Princeton Review!!! Hahaha. Siao -.- Yep. That's my treasure since I'm really in need of that book to prepare for TOEFL next Sunday. Really thank God for it. Then xy got her hands on her usual supply of comics. Was it comics today or some other books? Can't remember liao.
Around 2pm I left them and went back to je. Quite an abrupt end to our celebration but I had no choice but to leave them then. Aihh. Then finished some stuff at je, ate a super full dinner with sis, watched tian wai fei xian and superstar, then came back to hostel. So sad coz one of my post-exam celebration activity got blown off. I didn't go with px they all to Orchard to see the Christmas lightings in the end. Had to settle some really urgent matters before dinner. Aihh. A pity, a pity. But, I had the most satisfying ending to this significant day. Not blogging at this hour of course, but I just watched a movie, Click. ( As in it's really named Click :p ) It's super, super touching. For those who have never watched before, please please, do go and watch. I cried like mad la. Again. Oh it's about family life. And the events that were portrayed in the movie really depicts the world today very well. More and more people are sacrificing their family lives for work. to get a promotion. to please their bosses. to earn more money, well, for the sake of the family. to gain fame. to what ever reason you can think of. They have lost sight of the true meaning of life. They've forgotten, in their pursue of all those material stuff, what is the most important, most life-enriching,most difficult to lose but once lost is most difficult to regain - family life. love. It teaches us to treasure every single moment we have with our loved ones starting now, today. Don't wait till when you're older, or when you have more free time, or when you've moved away from the house, or only during your darkest moments in life. Your parents. They won't be around for long. Just close your eyes. Take some time off and imagine a little now( after reading this la :p ) it won't be too hard. Thirty years down the road. You are an adult already. May and may not have kids. But still, you ARE an adult already. What happens? You make your own decisions. You work. You take care of yourself and your own family. You are independent. Without your parents around. Yeah. without somebody who's seen you grown up, watching you carefully along your life journey and whom are the first people that you see when you first open your eyes as a baby and when you wake up in the morning? Not for me now la. Haven't seen mine for 4 months plus distance now is like 24 hours in between. Most people would never think of what happens then. Now they're like thinking not around not around lo. Better still. So naggy. So ke-poh. So fierce. So strict. I wanna leave as soon I got wings. They naturally assume that their parents will be around forever, a habit to think that they'll always be around. Sorry wishful thinking horr. They will be gone someday.
Ok enough!!! You think about the rest of the things that you think I want to say yourself la. Tired. I don't know why am I so preachy after watching Click. But that's the extent of its impact on me. Yawn..k liao must go to sleep liao. Tomorrow still must go shopping with sis!! Yay!! Super long never go out with her liao. So happy!!! :)
p/s my 101st post in this blog. A new beginning after the end of the previous. Life goes on.
Comments