A Day of Horrors...

I shall throw away all the nice nice English for this post. Super angry!! Today's supposed to be my freest day until prom next week. Just had two things to do for the day - 1) Go for my medical check-up plus blood tests plus vaccination at clinics. 2) Look out for new specs and buy new supplies of my contacts. However!! Thanks to the disorder among all the polyclinic system in Singapore, I spent half the day chasing clinics after clinics. First, last week I went to check with SATA Jurong whether they offer those check-ups required for US university applications. After looking at the uni forms that I have, they said no, I have to do them at polyclinics, any polyclinics when I double-checked with them. So yeah this morning went to Jurong West polyclinic straightaway, all the way from boon keng! When I got there, the receptionist told me, after reviewing my forms, no they don't do these kind of check-ups either. Of course, I argued that SATA referred me to any polyclinics. But then she still said no. After checking with her colleagues, she told me to go to any SingHealth Polyclinics, not as what JW Polyclinic is, under NHG Polyclinics. Checking with her again, the nearest one is at Queenstown!! Whew ok took a bus to JE MRT station again to go Queenstown there. During that relatively short trip, guess what? I saw, well not only me, some other people in the bus saw it too, a middle-aged man, SHITTING right in the middle of a wide open spaced field just opposite Jurong East Central!! I was staring out of the window as usual. Then I noticed somebody in quite a weird position in the middle of the field, facing the roadside. Being quite a curious woman, I looked on. And to my horror, I saw the man's butt!! He pulled down his pants!! When I was about to turn away in disgust, something came out from his a*****e!! Splat!! and dropped onto the ground. I was like, oh my goodness!! In Singapore also have this kind of things one ah?? Ok I shouldn't generalise. Maybe that man was very super urgent that he had to do this in public.

Ok upon reaching C'Wealth MRT, I was so worried that the clinic will close for lunch time that I can't recall where is the clinic!! So I took a cab there. And tada!! The route was exactly the same as to my secondary school and then I remembered!! Those were the days when some people will go there and get MC if they got sick in school. Aihh..there goes $2.80 when I could've just spend $0.45 for bus. Well then , as you would be able to guess by now, the clinic said no, again. This time, they referred me to any GPs. Being the stupid me, I didn't know what GP was and had to ask them. Then they told me it's any practising doctors with their own clinics la girl, void-deck doctors la. Ok ok I got it then. Walking out of the clinic, I was already fuming!!! What??!! You mean I've been running around the west chasing after nothing??!!! Unable to cool down, I had to spit everything out. With nobody to call, sis in band camp, I had to call over to US. Then, whew, luckily they haven't sleep yet. Felt better after talking to mom.

Then, made my way to Jurong Point. The optical shop is there on the medical floor. Went into the shop with high hopes. What I had in mind then? I'll be getting a cool new specs soon, those type that are the current fashion now. Yeah I want those. What I saw in there was, well, quite ok la, but err very super ex also, plus don't really suit my look. And I was also pissed that nobody bothered to come and serve me!! Hello? I'm still a customer right even if I have the gift vouchers? Nobody came over to talk to me and ask me what was I looking for. Well fine then, you don't want to do my business then I should just go! I left after trying out the frames for almost twenty minutes, alone. Must have looked so super dumb!! -.- Walking out, just nice, I saw a clinic, which I think should be able to help me with the check-ups. Went in. Took a number and waited. I almost couldn't do my check-up there again. The nurse told me that I have to have my health records with me so that they can fill up some certain details such as my immunizations details. But the problem is that I've lost all my secondary school health records already that's why I want to do a blood test to see whether I'm still immunized against the few diseases required. Aihh. Argued for my rights for a while. And won. Think they're just lazy to do it for me lo. Waited for one hour fifteen minutes at the clinic until my turn. During the waiting time, I was asked to collect my urine at the toilet. Goodness! Super embarrassing la!! In front of the whole clinic leh!! Pai seh la!! Quickly rushed to the toilet. In my mind I was already thinking, die later how to bring to the nurse to see worr. People passing by will see lo? how? Pai seh leh!!! Anyway, finished everything quite fast then sit down again. So stupid la but logical also. I had to go back to the toilet to throw my urine after they've tested it with some strip of paper. Hmmm wonder what was that for. Was to embarrassed to ask that time. Had two squares at one end of the strip, after testing is one blue colour, one yellow/light green colour. Ok don't need to dwell too much on that :p After the nth person, finally it's my turn to see the doctor, a woman. Had the routine check-up procedures done then the time to draw my blood came! Actually I'm not afraid of needles and these kind of procedures one, but then this doctor, aihh poked my right arm for a while to search for veins, poked with what? With the needle inside my flesh already!! Well, ok she said that she found a vein at first, then I shifted a bit to a more comfy position, then she lost it, with the needle inside already I must stress. Then I started to panic, oh dear oh dear, this is getting painful, with her poking around my flesh, saw the needle going deeper and deeper inside. ( I wanted to witness the whole thing so I was staring from the start :p ) Luckily she gave up, took the needle out and tried my right hand. This time I refused to look at the procedure anymore. And whew, there it is in her hands, a syringeful of my blood. With both arms immobilized, I took the influenza vaccine. Luckily this time the needle entered from the upper arm there, the normal BCG place there. Though it was a short procedure, it was the most painful one. I still feel the pain now at the side. Everything's over, at least for the day la.

Ok this is my account for the day. Expecting a lot more new experiences to come for the whole week. Just hope won't be as bad as having to witness some people shitting again plus the bonus, their shit.

Comments

*siLLy piGGY* said…
WALAO~ there's such thing happen at super-strict-to-be-very-clean country??!! Jz spit chewing gum at wherelse oso will gain alot of trouble...i can't imagine wat will happen if tat crazy man get caught on the act?? I dun think sweeping road for weeks can be enuf..LOL!! Now, u really do hav a "shit-memory" b4 u left s'pore. haha..

LSY@u-noe-who.com

Popular posts from this blog

Homecoming!!

Kelly Lost :'(