Quick Updates...
I wanted to just post another one-liner and that's it. But then I realised I haven't been undergoing the writing therapy for quite some time already. So here I am. A long post. I hope.
First, there was the Block Test II. I didn't really feel excited about the end of it actually. The last post was just a pathetic attempt to try to convey my non-existent feelings. I was too numb to feel anything. Now the aftermath of it. Getting back of results. Well, I have nothing new to say this time either. It's the same news over and over again. Just read my old posts and you'll get the gist of it. I have nothing to be proud of.
Secondly, there's this thing called hostel-food-phobia that is plaguing me nowadays. Barely 3 weeks living in the hostel and I'm already SICK of the food here. Yes. Here. I'm blogging from the hostel now. About the life in hostel. Well, I seriously need to get used to not-talking during mealtimes, listening to others talking about things that I don't understand and never will unless I open my mouth to ask and that would seem too rude as it doesn't sound to be concerning me at all, sleeping with the lights on occasionally, changing behind the backs of my room mates, and alot alot more...Shall not dwell further into the subject.. But I must add that the scholars had been friendly to me. They did try their best to make me feel comfortable I guess. So the ball is at my end now and it's my turn to kick it high and hard. :p what kind of comparison is this?
Thirdly, I'm back into the playing Cities of Mdhoria!! Well actually I've been playing it even during the June holidays. Though not as excessively as last June where I played for the whole month at home and in the end flunked my Common Test. I've been playing very moderately when I went to school to study. Though bern and wl might disagree with me, they kept stopping me from playing the game when I should be studying. So I must commend them for materialising next to my computer or behind my back after one and half hours or so of playing. So yeah a late thank you, but nonetheless a sincere one.
After the thank you, back to the game. I'm really in love with the game. Though I must say that the role-playing is very restricted. Many commands that you can use in other MUD games are invalid in this particular one. I think it's probably because it's set up by mostly high school students. Yeah. One of them just graduated high school recently. Hmm that makes her same age or even younger than me la!! However, they have superb players in this game. They really do respect this game's 'mission statement' and carry out their respective rp-ing effectively. Just read their forums where some of them posted up some really impressive logs. Those that I doubt I'll ever be able to create. Yep. Their emphasis on rp is really what attracted me to stay in the game. And these people actually really speak in medieval terms inside the game la! For example, if you meet a female character inside the game and you want to greet her. Better use "Mornin' milady!" or something similar instead of just a simple hi. Yeah that's the code of the game. Which is why I seldom interact inside the game however much I'd love to. I become totally tongue-tied whenever I meet another player inside the game :p Haha the thing is I don't even know how to speak proper English la! How to start speaking in medieval terms to those hard-core players? Read more Tolkien I guess. Heavy English will help ;)
Lastly, sis. Haha she brought home a lot of nice tidbits from Australia! Hooray! Nougats ( pronounced noo-gats, not nuggets as she ticked me off so often :p ), assortment of nuts, rock candies, local-made fudge..yum yum..Haha it's a good thing that I don't live with her now, if not my teeth will be all gone together with the candies and nuts :p Ground to fine powder :p She was sweet to remember to spend some of her money on me, where she got me a bag. Well, if it's just a bag it's no big deal la. But a PINK, RIPCURL, BEACH BAG which is so small it can only pack a small water bottle, wallet and if necessary, an mp3 player? It's so not me flashing branded stuff around like so many people around me. Yeah there's the pouch which I use to keep my mp3 player. It's Coach. I didn't even know it's branded till nat commented. I had chosen to use the pouch simply because it's there, it's convenient and most importantly it's WATERproof! My previous mp3's downfall was due to WATER, more specifically seaWATER -.- That happened at east coast with far the witness :( Anyway, I'm definitely not complaining about the bag. It came in handy when I went out with far again the other time. So, thanks sh, thanks very much but it's not funny -.-
Oh and bro just called to inform that he won a Suzuki motorbike in a lucky draw when participating in the StarWalk organised by the Star Newspaper. Great news for a family whose hope is going to run out soon. Morale booster. Short term. But this shows that God has not forgotten about us. He lets us uncover the things that He had put in place for us and accept them as they come along. Then the true reward will come. Just have faith.
p/s world cup finals. France vs Italy. Can't watch. Sad. France will reign again!!
SUPPORT FRANCE SUPPORT FRANCE SUPPORT FRANCE
First, there was the Block Test II. I didn't really feel excited about the end of it actually. The last post was just a pathetic attempt to try to convey my non-existent feelings. I was too numb to feel anything. Now the aftermath of it. Getting back of results. Well, I have nothing new to say this time either. It's the same news over and over again. Just read my old posts and you'll get the gist of it. I have nothing to be proud of.
Secondly, there's this thing called hostel-food-phobia that is plaguing me nowadays. Barely 3 weeks living in the hostel and I'm already SICK of the food here. Yes. Here. I'm blogging from the hostel now. About the life in hostel. Well, I seriously need to get used to not-talking during mealtimes, listening to others talking about things that I don't understand and never will unless I open my mouth to ask and that would seem too rude as it doesn't sound to be concerning me at all, sleeping with the lights on occasionally, changing behind the backs of my room mates, and alot alot more...Shall not dwell further into the subject.. But I must add that the scholars had been friendly to me. They did try their best to make me feel comfortable I guess. So the ball is at my end now and it's my turn to kick it high and hard. :p what kind of comparison is this?
Thirdly, I'm back into the playing Cities of Mdhoria!! Well actually I've been playing it even during the June holidays. Though not as excessively as last June where I played for the whole month at home and in the end flunked my Common Test. I've been playing very moderately when I went to school to study. Though bern and wl might disagree with me, they kept stopping me from playing the game when I should be studying. So I must commend them for materialising next to my computer or behind my back after one and half hours or so of playing. So yeah a late thank you, but nonetheless a sincere one.
After the thank you, back to the game. I'm really in love with the game. Though I must say that the role-playing is very restricted. Many commands that you can use in other MUD games are invalid in this particular one. I think it's probably because it's set up by mostly high school students. Yeah. One of them just graduated high school recently. Hmm that makes her same age or even younger than me la!! However, they have superb players in this game. They really do respect this game's 'mission statement' and carry out their respective rp-ing effectively. Just read their forums where some of them posted up some really impressive logs. Those that I doubt I'll ever be able to create. Yep. Their emphasis on rp is really what attracted me to stay in the game. And these people actually really speak in medieval terms inside the game la! For example, if you meet a female character inside the game and you want to greet her. Better use "Mornin' milady!" or something similar instead of just a simple hi. Yeah that's the code of the game. Which is why I seldom interact inside the game however much I'd love to. I become totally tongue-tied whenever I meet another player inside the game :p Haha the thing is I don't even know how to speak proper English la! How to start speaking in medieval terms to those hard-core players? Read more Tolkien I guess. Heavy English will help ;)
Lastly, sis. Haha she brought home a lot of nice tidbits from Australia! Hooray! Nougats ( pronounced noo-gats, not nuggets as she ticked me off so often :p ), assortment of nuts, rock candies, local-made fudge..yum yum..Haha it's a good thing that I don't live with her now, if not my teeth will be all gone together with the candies and nuts :p Ground to fine powder :p She was sweet to remember to spend some of her money on me, where she got me a bag. Well, if it's just a bag it's no big deal la. But a PINK, RIPCURL, BEACH BAG which is so small it can only pack a small water bottle, wallet and if necessary, an mp3 player? It's so not me flashing branded stuff around like so many people around me. Yeah there's the pouch which I use to keep my mp3 player. It's Coach. I didn't even know it's branded till nat commented. I had chosen to use the pouch simply because it's there, it's convenient and most importantly it's WATERproof! My previous mp3's downfall was due to WATER, more specifically seaWATER -.- That happened at east coast with far the witness :( Anyway, I'm definitely not complaining about the bag. It came in handy when I went out with far again the other time. So, thanks sh, thanks very much but it's not funny -.-
Oh and bro just called to inform that he won a Suzuki motorbike in a lucky draw when participating in the StarWalk organised by the Star Newspaper. Great news for a family whose hope is going to run out soon. Morale booster. Short term. But this shows that God has not forgotten about us. He lets us uncover the things that He had put in place for us and accept them as they come along. Then the true reward will come. Just have faith.
p/s world cup finals. France vs Italy. Can't watch. Sad. France will reign again!!
SUPPORT FRANCE SUPPORT FRANCE SUPPORT FRANCE
Comments