Release of results...

Today's the release of A level results and AO chinese results. I'm supposed to be in a very high mood for getting an A1 for my Chinese.

But I'm not. Reason? My friend didn't do well for her A levels. This friend I'm talking about, we came a long long way actually. Same primary school, same secondary school class for 4 years until I came to Singapore, same JC!! even after she left AMC!! Is that considered yuan fen? I really do think so. Well, I admit I wasn't very close to her back in Ipoh but I really felt that her presence in SA was also something that made me survived last year. Maybe because we're of the same age? Maybe because we're from the same place? Maybe because we're in the same JC even after i left? Or maybe it was just a familiar face that I needed most at those times. She was an ASEAN scholar, now working as a relief teacher in SA. And I JUST TALKED TO HER YESTERDAY! ONE DAY BEFORE THE RESULTS CAME OUT!! I still remember I kept saying that she'll do very well, she'll get through definitely. I'm regretting like mad now. Didn't bern warned me before about the jinx thing? That the more people praise you on something, like "Aiyah you cofirm will do very well one la." or "Aiyah you'll definitely pass one la.", the more you'll be the opposite. I REGRET SO MUCH!!! Her results was, according to her, expected. But which students wouldn't know the tiny little anticipation, that tiny little spark of hope that there'll be amiracle when the results came out? At least I understand. It's very obvious that she was trying her best to keep herself in control ( she's a relief teacher ), but I can see through her. She's really really very...sad...deep down. The problem is I couldn't do anything to help her!! I think she was even trying to ignore me. She has a very strong ego. Well, at least I didn't let her know my chinese results. It'll be such a sting even if it's a different level.

I almost cried for her. I know about her family background. I know of her own high expectations for herself to excel. But I also know that somethings cannot be pushed. She said she tried her best, gave it her best shot, so she have no regrets. I think so too, it's just that luck wasn't with her. She's really those type that'll give 100% effort one!! Why is life so unfair!! It's always the people with substance that are disappointed!! Ok I'm getting very emotional here. Here I wish all those people with substance but didn't do as well as expected, all the best for their future and NEVER GIVE UP!! They can kill one's body but they can never ever kill one's will!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homecoming!!

Kelly Lost :'(