Roth Pond Regatta 2008...

Every Spring, Stony Brook Univeristy holds a boat race. Not just your typical kind of boats, mind you. It's a race of boats made of cardboard, bound by duct-tape and decorated by paint. Roth pond, so named because it's located at the Roth Quad, a students' dormitory area. So my first spring semester here, I went to this regatta belonging to a club - Undergraduate Geology Club, long story why did I join it in the first place :p But still, it was fun :) And here are some photos. Just some cos I managed to catch only the first round of race before having to leave for work :(

Canoe/Kayak named Shui Shang Piao.


Roth Pond, with the beautiful flowering trees :)


First round contestants getting ready. The water's super, super cold...brrr...


Ready? GO!
Splash! The first boat couldn't make it :p
Second boat made it halfway.
Third and fourth boat scoots on!


Poor girls from James College(second boat).
They really did try their best to continue the race, despite the boat overturned several times :(


and then, too bad, I really had to leave for work. I don't even know whether our boat floated or not..gotta find out soon!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homecoming!!

Kelly Lost :'(