Goodbye 2006...
I shall try not to be so melancholy.
I shall try not to miss year 2006.
I shall try not to be a spoil sport for everybody who's looking forward to a very happy new year!
Yay. I can't believe it! Just typing these words out, especially the last sentence really did manage to uplift my spirits! Haha but maybe it's also due to the commotion mom and bro are making right now in front of the tv -.-"' they are watching the countdown programmes at Times Square. Funny right my mom :p
Anyway, yes it's time to bid goodbye to this year. I can't describe my exact feelings towards this year. It's a mix of i'll-miss-it-man and well, good-riddance!! Can't blame me for having such feelings, whoever will like a year with a major exam? All the exam stress and well, ok not supposed to think about it anymore. It's over anyway so who cares?!!
Year 2006 is when I get to know many classmates and schoolmates better. It made me realise that as long as I take the time and heart to really enjoy other's company and stop thinking negatively, they can really make good friends and provide great friendships! So I want to take this opportunity to thank all those who have made my school life most enjoyable and fun! First and foremost, the front row girls - bern, nat, wl and xy! haih..wouldn't have made it through without them. From The Bottom Of My *healed* Heart :p then it's yq and adel! this two girls. I don't think they know the impact they had had on my school life, but it was immense and really treasured. Now, it's the other class people - px, kr, kh, xn, ps. Pitifully little but small is good. These I know from OGs, from hostel, from OG mate's friend. They are people who have, despite the different class and CCAs, extended their circle of care and concern to include me. Actually that would only consist of xn and ps since the others are all hostel mates :p Whatever. The feelings are the same. Thank you people.
Year 2006 is the fourth year going of the friendships that I have forged in secondary school. You guys have no idea how much I appreciate the comfort, the listening ear, the jokes, the teasing, the mere knowledge that you guys will always be there, that I have always received from you all. The people - laine, far and nia. My small gang. It was hard to meet up and outings were infrequent, but still our friendships still managed to survive till now. Hard job eh? :p Don't worry. I Do, Cherish You! Thank you people too.
Finally, Year 2006 is, wow, like my eleventh year with sy and eighth year with sl?! Man, these two friends of mine. The date the friendship was established was so long ago but I still can remember ever so clearly how we met and became friends. They are people whom I have depended upon for so long, and people who have impacted my life so much, so much that most of my college application essays contains both of their names -.-"' don't know the admissions officers will suspect that I made up these two characters or not :p I don't need to reaffirm our friendship anymore than I need for others. But here's a really big THANK YOU to you my best friends! No expiry date for our friendship If We Hold On Together! haha crazy liao treat you all like milk and other stuff :p
Year 2006!! This is to you!! I overcame you!! Against all odds! I did overcome you! You threw many many things right into my face, but I! still! OVERCAME! you!!!! Thanks for all those experiences. It will serve to be a stepping stone to my future, a better future. Don't worry, I don't hate you. Now that you're gone, you'll be a part of my Memory that I can put into stories to tell my granchildren next time :) provided I get married :p
Alright. Goodbye 2006! And Welcome 2007!!!
I shall try not to miss year 2006.
I shall try not to be a spoil sport for everybody who's looking forward to a very happy new year!
Yay. I can't believe it! Just typing these words out, especially the last sentence really did manage to uplift my spirits! Haha but maybe it's also due to the commotion mom and bro are making right now in front of the tv -.-"' they are watching the countdown programmes at Times Square. Funny right my mom :p
Anyway, yes it's time to bid goodbye to this year. I can't describe my exact feelings towards this year. It's a mix of i'll-miss-it-man and well, good-riddance!! Can't blame me for having such feelings, whoever will like a year with a major exam? All the exam stress and well, ok not supposed to think about it anymore. It's over anyway so who cares?!!
Year 2006 is when I get to know many classmates and schoolmates better. It made me realise that as long as I take the time and heart to really enjoy other's company and stop thinking negatively, they can really make good friends and provide great friendships! So I want to take this opportunity to thank all those who have made my school life most enjoyable and fun! First and foremost, the front row girls - bern, nat, wl and xy! haih..wouldn't have made it through without them. From The Bottom Of My *healed* Heart :p then it's yq and adel! this two girls. I don't think they know the impact they had had on my school life, but it was immense and really treasured. Now, it's the other class people - px, kr, kh, xn, ps. Pitifully little but small is good. These I know from OGs, from hostel, from OG mate's friend. They are people who have, despite the different class and CCAs, extended their circle of care and concern to include me. Actually that would only consist of xn and ps since the others are all hostel mates :p Whatever. The feelings are the same. Thank you people.
Year 2006 is the fourth year going of the friendships that I have forged in secondary school. You guys have no idea how much I appreciate the comfort, the listening ear, the jokes, the teasing, the mere knowledge that you guys will always be there, that I have always received from you all. The people - laine, far and nia. My small gang. It was hard to meet up and outings were infrequent, but still our friendships still managed to survive till now. Hard job eh? :p Don't worry. I Do, Cherish You! Thank you people too.
Finally, Year 2006 is, wow, like my eleventh year with sy and eighth year with sl?! Man, these two friends of mine. The date the friendship was established was so long ago but I still can remember ever so clearly how we met and became friends. They are people whom I have depended upon for so long, and people who have impacted my life so much, so much that most of my college application essays contains both of their names -.-"' don't know the admissions officers will suspect that I made up these two characters or not :p I don't need to reaffirm our friendship anymore than I need for others. But here's a really big THANK YOU to you my best friends! No expiry date for our friendship If We Hold On Together! haha crazy liao treat you all like milk and other stuff :p
Year 2006!! This is to you!! I overcame you!! Against all odds! I did overcome you! You threw many many things right into my face, but I! still! OVERCAME! you!!!! Thanks for all those experiences. It will serve to be a stepping stone to my future, a better future. Don't worry, I don't hate you. Now that you're gone, you'll be a part of my Memory that I can put into stories to tell my granchildren next time :) provided I get married :p
Alright. Goodbye 2006! And Welcome 2007!!!
Comments
so touching o~
yaya..11years is a tough one friendship to maintain~
and i'm glad we had and havin still.. ^o^
college application essay??
hmm..I didn't noe there's such thing to "promote" ur fren to apply college? LOL..send me a copy sumtime a.. =p
Happy 2007, my best soh-poh fren!
It's great havin u as frenz for another new year...where distances are further btw us year-by-year. >.<
but there's not-a-big-deal at all!
Frenz 4eva!
@SY