Hunger Games Trilogy

I felt like I couldn't smile anymore after finishing the three books in 2.5 days in a row. It has sickened me to guts to think that death is being write off ever so casually in the books, that taking another human being's life is portrayed to be so easily accomplished, even though you had the excuse that your own life was at stake. It's just wrong. Shoot an arrow and somebody is dead. Twist a neck and someone is gone forever.

The setting of the story reminds me of that of 1984 or even Animal Farm; all of them based on some sort of imagined "future" on the human race - only that animals were used in Animal Farm and some sort of new, liberated, brainwashed type of humans were the population in 1984, not too far away from what the Capitol citizens of Panem were like.

I'm in kind of a zombie mode now, with mixed in emotions about death in real life and then death in the books with its frequent association with convenience, and with the emotional trauma Hunger Games had on the tributes - their moral fight between survival and their strong will to preserve the life of another at their own cost when its called for (for Katniss especially).

It may take awhile to recover from this shock, what with a gory footage I accidentally saw on Youtube, showing some fan-made scene of the Second Quell where a tribute was slashed across his neck with blood gushing out of those fatal wounds. That should be illegal! I can never get that picture out of my mind despite I know it's all fake and even just fan-made.



I should probably just return to studying to keep these images and stunned mode out of mind for a while.
And, I was so looking forward to the watching it on the big screen, too. Not anymore. Catching Fire and Mockingjay both convinced me of how sick the whole thing really is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homecoming!!

Kelly Lost :'(