For the Joy of Baking...
In a baking frenzy now.
Two weeks ago, I helped mom with her "famous" cranberry and walnut muffins. Those muffins were what kept me satiated throughout my whole day on the go for the entire week.
Last week, we made cupcakes with the ready-to-bake white cake mix. And for the first time, I tried to make buttercream frosting to decorate the cupcakes. I thought it was a failure at first, but luckily after some adjustments to the ingredients and storage temperature, the feat was achieved, and I happily decorated the cupcakes with the pretty, white frostings on top :)
This week, I'm so tempted to make pumpkin cupcakes in conjunction to the approaching of Halloween and chocolate chip cookies for me to bring with anywhere, but there are just too many ingredients to buy and I really don't want to spend so much money on baking. Oh well, we're heading out to Ikea and Costco later. So depending on our budget, I'll see if I can get those goods or not. If not, we'll just make the apple pie that mom had been wanting to try.
Maybe next week, I'll try out that fruit tart recipe that I've been eye-ing for quite some time now. Luckily for me, we have most of the ingredients and will just need te fresh fruits :D
Fruit Tart Recipe
Two weeks ago, I helped mom with her "famous" cranberry and walnut muffins. Those muffins were what kept me satiated throughout my whole day on the go for the entire week.
Last week, we made cupcakes with the ready-to-bake white cake mix. And for the first time, I tried to make buttercream frosting to decorate the cupcakes. I thought it was a failure at first, but luckily after some adjustments to the ingredients and storage temperature, the feat was achieved, and I happily decorated the cupcakes with the pretty, white frostings on top :)
This week, I'm so tempted to make pumpkin cupcakes in conjunction to the approaching of Halloween and chocolate chip cookies for me to bring with anywhere, but there are just too many ingredients to buy and I really don't want to spend so much money on baking. Oh well, we're heading out to Ikea and Costco later. So depending on our budget, I'll see if I can get those goods or not. If not, we'll just make the apple pie that mom had been wanting to try.
Maybe next week, I'll try out that fruit tart recipe that I've been eye-ing for quite some time now. Luckily for me, we have most of the ingredients and will just need te fresh fruits :D
Fruit Tart Recipe
Comments