Sad Sunday
Today must count as one of my saddest Sundays ever. My favorite pastor had resigned and the church held a farewell party for him today. I'm really glad that I stayed for it after the main service, even though there wasn't really much time remaining for this weekend to finish up school stuff.
This pastor had to be the first church leader that I had established a direct and personal relationship with. He was the one who baptized my sister and I last year. He was the one who had given sound advice to me when I had questions about our faith. He was the one who motivated me to go to church every Sunday because of the beautiful sermons that he deliver right into my heart.
I will definitely miss him preaching on the pulpit every Sunday, with his sense of humor and manner of speech. Even though he has left the church body, I thank the Lord for having placed such a great yet humble spiritual leader in my life. Now, I pray that God will look over him and his family as they face what's in front of them and I pray also that God will send another one to fill his role in my life so that I can continue to stand strong in my faith.
This pastor had to be the first church leader that I had established a direct and personal relationship with. He was the one who baptized my sister and I last year. He was the one who had given sound advice to me when I had questions about our faith. He was the one who motivated me to go to church every Sunday because of the beautiful sermons that he deliver right into my heart.
I will definitely miss him preaching on the pulpit every Sunday, with his sense of humor and manner of speech. Even though he has left the church body, I thank the Lord for having placed such a great yet humble spiritual leader in my life. Now, I pray that God will look over him and his family as they face what's in front of them and I pray also that God will send another one to fill his role in my life so that I can continue to stand strong in my faith.
Comments
thanks ya! :)