Wileys

To tell the truth, I almost went crazy during the past two weeks. I was very close to exploding and never return to normalcy again in my entire life. I'm serious. However, that being the past, I'm just glad that it wasn't in God's plans for me to live the rest of my life in madness, even though I wouldn't even have noticed it myself if I am mad.

A couple of points I want to share from this past Sunday's church sermon by Wally Wiley. He's a missionary in Papua, Indonesia whom my church has been sponsoring for years.

1) PASSION. He mentioned that there are many churchgoers nowadays who, just go to church, that's it. They professed their faith in Jesus Christ, yet nothing that they do are towards glorifying God and His kingship. He reminded us Christians to be PASSIONATE in Christ, to do all things to glorify Him, to lift His name up high, and to give our all to Him, which leads me to his next point.

2) Fulfillment. Wally also mentioned that the world strove to seek fame and fortune as a means to find satisfaction in life. However once they reached the top, they found nothing but emptiness, that hollowness in life which nothing can seem to fill. That's because every man is created with a God-shaped hole in their heart. Nothing besides God can fill that hole. Thus only by doing His will, can we truly find fulfillment in life. Seeking to do His will should be our only goal in life.

As a mentor to the younger generation, Wally expressed his deepest sadness if he should see anyone of us seeking the wrong things in life and end up bent and broken in spirits. He, of all people can say that to us because over 30 years ago, he was once a rich and famous businessman in the construction field. He gave it all up when he finally reached the top and saw that there was nothing there that could nourish him spiritually. He went on to join the Mission Aviation Fellowship (MAF) and served in Indonesia since then.

Overall, it was an eye-opening session with the Wileys and it led me to thinking God's will for me. I do not know it as of now. But I do know that He is indeed preparing me for whatever plans He has for me, which is why I'm only able to carry on by His strength. I'm not about to go mad yet because the Lord Almighty is sustaining me. And I know, all will be well in the end. Thank you Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homecoming!!

Kelly Lost :'(