Things to do in New York - Winter Edition
Money is coming to New York in a week's time and she asked me to plan a comprehensive tour package for her, with the most important feature being - free of charge!
I've just compiled a list of places to go and put it up here. The more I researched on the places to go, the more I'm reminded to be thankful that I'm currently living in one the world's most exciting cities, and made me feel like jumping onto the LIRR train and go back to New York right now, instead of hanging around at Stony Brook for my last final next Tuesday, speaking of which I haven't studied for yet.
If anyone heard of any places that I didn't include here (except World Trade Center and Statue of Liberty - we've both been there before), feel free to add to the list via comments!
1) Central Park - My all-time favorite place in NYC. Prettiest place to take a solitary walk and engage yourself in a conversation with the nature.
2) Times Square - Over and over again, but I love its bustling atmosphere.
3) Sony Wonder Technology Lab - Really cool technology!
4) Rockefeller Center - The Christmas tree, and of course, the skating rink :)
5) SoHo - Just window shopping, the shops themselves are attractive enough :)
6) Lincoln Center - Arts and performances, highly cultured place.
7) Flushing - Going there for the Pinkberry! I can't believe Cheng Wei had it even before I do!
8) Bryant Park - I have a special attachment to this cozy little park :)
9) New York Public Library - Books books and books! Beautiful interior architecture!
10) South Street Seaport - I love this place too! First visit was with Money.
11) Herald Square - Christmas spirit! Window shopping!
12) Union Square - Max Brenner's chocolate! (even if I don't buy, I can still smell it)
13) Greenwich Village - Never been here yet, so must really check this place out.
14) Madison Square Garden - Reason for visiting? It's famous. Period.
15) United Nations - This time I must find the Malaysian flag!
16) FAO Schwarz - Humongous world of toys!
17) Battery Park - NYC waterfront, hope it won't be too chilly when we're there, if we go there after all.
18) NYU – Washington Square Park - Bustling with NYU students. I like the atmosphere there.
19) Columbia University – Everyone's telling me how beautiful the landscape is, so I don't care if Money's been there before, I'm pulling her along!
20) The Bitter End – NYC’s Oldest Rock and Roll Club, I just feel like going to a decent bar for once in New York, this is where all the singer-songwriters gather to perform.
21) Brooklyn Bridge - I've fulfilled my wish to visit the Brooklyn Bridge with Siew Lee, but I sure can go again :)
.
.
.
.
.
More to be included!
I can't wait to visit New York City like a tourist again!
Conquer the streets of NYC on foot! :)
I've just compiled a list of places to go and put it up here. The more I researched on the places to go, the more I'm reminded to be thankful that I'm currently living in one the world's most exciting cities, and made me feel like jumping onto the LIRR train and go back to New York right now, instead of hanging around at Stony Brook for my last final next Tuesday, speaking of which I haven't studied for yet.
If anyone heard of any places that I didn't include here (except World Trade Center and Statue of Liberty - we've both been there before), feel free to add to the list via comments!
1) Central Park - My all-time favorite place in NYC. Prettiest place to take a solitary walk and engage yourself in a conversation with the nature.
2) Times Square - Over and over again, but I love its bustling atmosphere.
3) Sony Wonder Technology Lab - Really cool technology!
4) Rockefeller Center - The Christmas tree, and of course, the skating rink :)
5) SoHo - Just window shopping, the shops themselves are attractive enough :)
6) Lincoln Center - Arts and performances, highly cultured place.
7) Flushing - Going there for the Pinkberry! I can't believe Cheng Wei had it even before I do!
8) Bryant Park - I have a special attachment to this cozy little park :)
9) New York Public Library - Books books and books! Beautiful interior architecture!
10) South Street Seaport - I love this place too! First visit was with Money.
11) Herald Square - Christmas spirit! Window shopping!
12) Union Square - Max Brenner's chocolate! (even if I don't buy, I can still smell it)
13) Greenwich Village - Never been here yet, so must really check this place out.
14) Madison Square Garden - Reason for visiting? It's famous. Period.
15) United Nations - This time I must find the Malaysian flag!
16) FAO Schwarz - Humongous world of toys!
17) Battery Park - NYC waterfront, hope it won't be too chilly when we're there, if we go there after all.
18) NYU – Washington Square Park - Bustling with NYU students. I like the atmosphere there.
19) Columbia University – Everyone's telling me how beautiful the landscape is, so I don't care if Money's been there before, I'm pulling her along!
20) The Bitter End – NYC’s Oldest Rock and Roll Club, I just feel like going to a decent bar for once in New York, this is where all the singer-songwriters gather to perform.
21) Brooklyn Bridge - I've fulfilled my wish to visit the Brooklyn Bridge with Siew Lee, but I sure can go again :)
.
.
.
.
.
More to be included!
I can't wait to visit New York City like a tourist again!
Conquer the streets of NYC on foot! :)
Comments