Beautiful Sunset...
Setting suns are not necessarily the most beautiful to watch from the beach or from the top of a mountain or from an airplane.
Yesterday, the rays of a very beautiful setting sun fell upon me. It shone through the thick, but bare, tree trunks of the forests along the roadside, in a rich golden yellow orange colour. The forests came alive bathing under the remaining sunlight. It was really breathtaking. Just a simple sunset coloured the whole stretch of stripped, ugly forest in the most vivid of colours. Though the sun itself slipped in and out between the tree trunks and a few mountaintops, and it is impossible to see the exact moment it made its final dip into the horizon, it was truly beautiful.
Not only the forests, my precious bit of seaview at Port Jefferson Ferry Dock was at its most mesmerizing moment when the bus went past it. Goodness..I am really at a loss of words for that bit of picture in my mind. The small town ferry dock became a castle in my eyes during the few minutes the bus was there.
Now I know. The most beautiful of things is always out there for us to discover. What we have to do is to open our minds and hearts to see it. I should stop complaining about bad things that happen in life, take another viewpoint and may I discover the beautiful things in life that are actually so common, yet impactful.
Yesterday, the rays of a very beautiful setting sun fell upon me. It shone through the thick, but bare, tree trunks of the forests along the roadside, in a rich golden yellow orange colour. The forests came alive bathing under the remaining sunlight. It was really breathtaking. Just a simple sunset coloured the whole stretch of stripped, ugly forest in the most vivid of colours. Though the sun itself slipped in and out between the tree trunks and a few mountaintops, and it is impossible to see the exact moment it made its final dip into the horizon, it was truly beautiful.
Not only the forests, my precious bit of seaview at Port Jefferson Ferry Dock was at its most mesmerizing moment when the bus went past it. Goodness..I am really at a loss of words for that bit of picture in my mind. The small town ferry dock became a castle in my eyes during the few minutes the bus was there.
Now I know. The most beautiful of things is always out there for us to discover. What we have to do is to open our minds and hearts to see it. I should stop complaining about bad things that happen in life, take another viewpoint and may I discover the beautiful things in life that are actually so common, yet impactful.
Comments