Singapore Day 2007
Obviously, the ties between Singapore and US has never been better. This year, a new annual event has started, which is called the Singapore Day. For this first ever year, it is held here in New York City's Central Park's Wollman Rink. I don't know whether it will be held forever in NYC, but well, we'll see in the future :) The reason that I actually knew about this event is...my dad's company, Yeo's, is the corporate partner in this event. Yeo's is the official drinks provider for this event, which is really very good for promotion. Thus with the corporate pass that dad managed to get us, we entered the rink without much hassle. Cause otherwise, we would have to register online to get passes and to choose our goodies bag. Yeah, the traditional goodies bag that almost every Singapore event will give out, though in this case, they included really distinct and very Singaporean stuff in the bags. It was estimated that almost 5000 people would attend this event. The actual number? I don't know :p I went really late, had to wait for mom to get home before we could leave together.
Anyway, there were plenty of performances held. Hossan Leong was there, Kit Chan etc etc I don't know the names of the other performers. It felt so good to hear Singlish again! I've just realised that I missed hearing the unmistakable slang of Singaporeans. I almost laughed myself crazy while standing alone watching the musical comedies performed by Hossan Leong. I didn't know he was this funny! Can't believe that I actually got to see Hossan Leong's real person only when I'm no longer in Singapore o.o Kit Chan too. Her voice sounded really good to me, after such a long period of not hearing the slang. Sigh. What a happy day :) And oh yeah, the food! I missed Chicken Rice so much!! I was just thinking about chicken rice last week, and guess what? This event gives out free food and free drinks to everybody! Food included at the event: Chicken Rice, Hokkien Mee, Char Kway Teow, Satay, Laksa, etc plus SAKAE SUSHI! Haha! Imagine to my surprise when I saw Sakae's booth there :p I didn't try it though, I was too busy queueing up for the remnants at the chicken rice stall, and in the end, we got the chicken rice, without the chicken :p We were too late, the chicken ran out :( But at least, I got to taste the exact same rice and chilli we have back there in Singapore :D Haha pathetic right? :p
Alright then, here are some photos and one real bad video that I managed to record off my lousy camera.
Anyway, there were plenty of performances held. Hossan Leong was there, Kit Chan etc etc I don't know the names of the other performers. It felt so good to hear Singlish again! I've just realised that I missed hearing the unmistakable slang of Singaporeans. I almost laughed myself crazy while standing alone watching the musical comedies performed by Hossan Leong. I didn't know he was this funny! Can't believe that I actually got to see Hossan Leong's real person only when I'm no longer in Singapore o.o Kit Chan too. Her voice sounded really good to me, after such a long period of not hearing the slang. Sigh. What a happy day :) And oh yeah, the food! I missed Chicken Rice so much!! I was just thinking about chicken rice last week, and guess what? This event gives out free food and free drinks to everybody! Food included at the event: Chicken Rice, Hokkien Mee, Char Kway Teow, Satay, Laksa, etc plus SAKAE SUSHI! Haha! Imagine to my surprise when I saw Sakae's booth there :p I didn't try it though, I was too busy queueing up for the remnants at the chicken rice stall, and in the end, we got the chicken rice, without the chicken :p We were too late, the chicken ran out :( But at least, I got to taste the exact same rice and chilli we have back there in Singapore :D Haha pathetic right? :p
Alright then, here are some photos and one real bad video that I managed to record off my lousy camera.
Comments