What's Happening To This World?
I really wonder what's wrong with people nowadays. Just this morning, when on the MRT, there's this fine-looking lady of about 25/26 years old. She's dressed nicely, a working-class. She seemed to be in a hurry, maybe she's late for work? When the train was about to reach Commonwealth station, she tried to squeeze past a man blocking her way, a little of her way actually. She said 'Excuse me' the first time. Then when the man didn't respond (he was on the earphones as any typical Singaporean would be :p), then she said 'Excuse me!!' the second time to that man, then she just pushed past the man, quite rudely, if I may add. Then during the entire time taken for the train to slow down and stop at last, guess what she was doing? To my horror, she was actually rolling her eyes!! Frowning!! Muttering something under her breath!! And the thing is I can't stop staring at her, even after she caught me staring, she was standing just on my right, in front of the mrt door. I was amazed at how a nice-looking lady can, in just an instant, look like an ugly witch!! Yes, the pictures that ran through my mind at the time were all witches faces I knew from cartoons. The amazing part is the eyes-rolling part. Well, the image is stuck in my head now. If I see her the next time, I can only remember her as the eye-rolling, rude lady that stops at Commonwealth mrt.
The moral of this story is, at least for me it is, never, ever judge a person by his/her looks. I wonder how many nice-looking people out there who can look just as presentable and polite like that lady mentioned, while they are actually 'monsters' underneath. I guess everyone does put on a mask when they go out into the world. But, not this?? I really really didn't expect this from her. Spoiled. I know it's not up to me to decide how people should behave in public or how should they present themselves to the world or even ask them not to wear a mask. But I really can't stand people blaming others for every bad thing that happened to them when it's their own fault. Like this lady, well obviously it's her own fault for being late for work and now she's taking everything out on that poor man? What's this la? Doesn't she realise that one can 'pass it on' just about anything in this world? One can pass on anger, frustration and sadness just as one can pass on happiness, kindness and courtesy, do you know? Well, now you know.
Alright I shall not pass this on :p
On a happier note, I'm renewing my TIME subscription for two more years. Yeah and why am I so happy? Haha because this time they're offering a gift for those who subscribed within this period of time. The two gifts offered are one MP4 or a TELESCOPE!! We are supposed to choose either one, well of course I chose the telescope! I've been craving for a glimpse of the universe ever since primary school when we first started to learn about astronomy. Not just the usual star-gazing stuff. I want to look right into the face of the Moon, Jupiter's Red Spot, Saturn's magnificient rings, comets, asteroids and the stars and galaxies!! Though I must add that this telescope offered is not a really good quality one, maximum I give it I can see the Jupiter or Saturn and the asteroids and comets while the minimum, of course, must be the Moon's surface and well, the satellites orbiting around the Earth :p Of course I hope it's better than that. Haven't been calculating the maximum magnification of the telescope. And I can predict that, if I really so luckily got the telescope in the end, my next interest will definitely be astrophotography already. I can bet with anything in my life that it'll definitely be it. Haha. Now I'll just wait and see whether I got one of the limited stock of telescope available or not la :p Pray Pray Pray....
p/s going home saturday night. SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! don't know when will be back. depends on sis's band prac schedule. no internet back home either. so won't be updating for long.
The moral of this story is, at least for me it is, never, ever judge a person by his/her looks. I wonder how many nice-looking people out there who can look just as presentable and polite like that lady mentioned, while they are actually 'monsters' underneath. I guess everyone does put on a mask when they go out into the world. But, not this?? I really really didn't expect this from her. Spoiled. I know it's not up to me to decide how people should behave in public or how should they present themselves to the world or even ask them not to wear a mask. But I really can't stand people blaming others for every bad thing that happened to them when it's their own fault. Like this lady, well obviously it's her own fault for being late for work and now she's taking everything out on that poor man? What's this la? Doesn't she realise that one can 'pass it on' just about anything in this world? One can pass on anger, frustration and sadness just as one can pass on happiness, kindness and courtesy, do you know? Well, now you know.
Alright I shall not pass this on :p
On a happier note, I'm renewing my TIME subscription for two more years. Yeah and why am I so happy? Haha because this time they're offering a gift for those who subscribed within this period of time. The two gifts offered are one MP4 or a TELESCOPE!! We are supposed to choose either one, well of course I chose the telescope! I've been craving for a glimpse of the universe ever since primary school when we first started to learn about astronomy. Not just the usual star-gazing stuff. I want to look right into the face of the Moon, Jupiter's Red Spot, Saturn's magnificient rings, comets, asteroids and the stars and galaxies!! Though I must add that this telescope offered is not a really good quality one, maximum I give it I can see the Jupiter or Saturn and the asteroids and comets while the minimum, of course, must be the Moon's surface and well, the satellites orbiting around the Earth :p Of course I hope it's better than that. Haven't been calculating the maximum magnification of the telescope. And I can predict that, if I really so luckily got the telescope in the end, my next interest will definitely be astrophotography already. I can bet with anything in my life that it'll definitely be it. Haha. Now I'll just wait and see whether I got one of the limited stock of telescope available or not la :p Pray Pray Pray....
p/s going home saturday night. SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! don't know when will be back. depends on sis's band prac schedule. no internet back home either. so won't be updating for long.
Comments