Quickie...
Hi everyone,
Thanks for all the care and concern shown here.
I'm just writing a quick one to tell you guys that I'm well and just recently, tanned from a white water rafting trip at Pennsylvania.
I'm taking 22 credits this semester, which is a total of 9 classes, but one of it is The Wind Ensemble, so essentially, I'm taking 8 academic classes. I'm currently a teaching assistant for general chemistry 2, so I'm really working my ass off to keep myself up-to-date with the materials that the students are learning so that I can answer whatever questions they have for me. I'm taking 3 biology classes(bio lab, mammalian physiology and biochemistry(which is killing me btw)), 2 physics classes(one lecture, one lab), a calculus class(which is befuddling my brain), and finally an english literature class which focuses on american fiction after the world war 2. All these are actually more than what I can handle, which explains the lack of contact with the rest of the world.
However, from the beginning of this semester, since I'm driving now, I can afford to stay late in school and join some activities. I've started attending the InterVarsity Christian Fellowship in stony brook, and I'm enjoying myself every minute I spent there on Thursday nights. I felt my faith strenghtening, and thus far, have listened to one of the most inspiring talks ever. I'm planning to join another society, which is called China Blue, the only chinese radio station in school, though not as a DJ cos like what far said, once I start talking on air, everyone will just go to sleep :p I just want to get involved in school events in which China Blue are always invited to host, and of course, to get to know more people, whether ABCs or FOBs :p
Working life wise, I'm only putting in 5 hours a week on my office job. I don't understant why they still want to keep me since I'm only offering so little hours, but still, when I hinted that they can fire me if they want to, they told me they want me to stay on the job. I know I should be thankful, but seriously, I have no time with all the school stuff going on. Other than that, I've actually applied to become stage technician or usher at the music department at stony brook. Reason is, the concerts are usually held at night, so I don't have to follow strict office hours like my current job. That's much more flexible for me, besides, I can get to watch top quality concerts, musicals, ballets from all over the world for FREE! :)
Ok it turned out to be not so short after all. But hopefully, the wind generated from my typing speed can blow off some of the dust at my blog :p I'm becoming very lame now right? Forgive me please. And do visit my blog occasionally to shout out to me aight? Also, I'm active at Facebook, so if you guys really miss me that much, you can drop me wallposts at facebook, which you'll definitely get replies for. Take care peeps! LOVE YOU ALL!!!
Shu Ying
Thanks for all the care and concern shown here.
I'm just writing a quick one to tell you guys that I'm well and just recently, tanned from a white water rafting trip at Pennsylvania.
I'm taking 22 credits this semester, which is a total of 9 classes, but one of it is The Wind Ensemble, so essentially, I'm taking 8 academic classes. I'm currently a teaching assistant for general chemistry 2, so I'm really working my ass off to keep myself up-to-date with the materials that the students are learning so that I can answer whatever questions they have for me. I'm taking 3 biology classes(bio lab, mammalian physiology and biochemistry(which is killing me btw)), 2 physics classes(one lecture, one lab), a calculus class(which is befuddling my brain), and finally an english literature class which focuses on american fiction after the world war 2. All these are actually more than what I can handle, which explains the lack of contact with the rest of the world.
However, from the beginning of this semester, since I'm driving now, I can afford to stay late in school and join some activities. I've started attending the InterVarsity Christian Fellowship in stony brook, and I'm enjoying myself every minute I spent there on Thursday nights. I felt my faith strenghtening, and thus far, have listened to one of the most inspiring talks ever. I'm planning to join another society, which is called China Blue, the only chinese radio station in school, though not as a DJ cos like what far said, once I start talking on air, everyone will just go to sleep :p I just want to get involved in school events in which China Blue are always invited to host, and of course, to get to know more people, whether ABCs or FOBs :p
Working life wise, I'm only putting in 5 hours a week on my office job. I don't understant why they still want to keep me since I'm only offering so little hours, but still, when I hinted that they can fire me if they want to, they told me they want me to stay on the job. I know I should be thankful, but seriously, I have no time with all the school stuff going on. Other than that, I've actually applied to become stage technician or usher at the music department at stony brook. Reason is, the concerts are usually held at night, so I don't have to follow strict office hours like my current job. That's much more flexible for me, besides, I can get to watch top quality concerts, musicals, ballets from all over the world for FREE! :)
Ok it turned out to be not so short after all. But hopefully, the wind generated from my typing speed can blow off some of the dust at my blog :p I'm becoming very lame now right? Forgive me please. And do visit my blog occasionally to shout out to me aight? Also, I'm active at Facebook, so if you guys really miss me that much, you can drop me wallposts at facebook, which you'll definitely get replies for. Take care peeps! LOVE YOU ALL!!!
Shu Ying
Comments