Hey Sarah Sarah...

When I was just a little girl
I asked my mother
What would I be?
Would I be pretty?
Would I be rich?
Here's what she said to me:
Hey Sarah, Sarah
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not for us to see
Hey Sarah, Sarah
What will be, will be...

After much internal struggle, I have finally, finally decided on which course to study.
Pharmacy it is.
Maybe the older one gets, the more emotional one is. As I'm progressing on my years, with this year advancing to the grand year of 21, officially an adult, I feel like I'm clinging to whatever links I have to teenhood, or as it is now, childhood. This song here? I've been singing and humming it very frequently since last year, unconsciously so. Maybe I did realise somehow, that the time for me to decide which way my life will be heading, is coming soon. It is here now.
What will be, will be. How true. There's no way one can foresee the future. There's no way one can always make the right decision that will ensure them the brightest way ahead. But definitely so, the decisions that we make now will direct our life story. So now I have chosen to study Pharmacy after much careful weighing and considering my options. I have no idea what will become of me in the future, no idea whether will I succeed in this field, no idea whether I'm cut out for this course or not, BUT!! I will try. I will do my best. I know I've got the interest. I know I've got some skills required for this profession. I know I've got at least something, instead of nothing. So I'm going to bank on these few and continue to expand myself. Further my horizons and widen my options.
Yes. Ok this sounds like a pep talk. It is, before I plunge myself headlong into this. School starts September. Maybe if dad will allow, I can have a trip back home first before everything starts. I miss over there so much. I'm singin', Halfway round the world! Aihh...I miss sis. Miss all those quarrels, miss all those fights we had just before sleep, miss all those long long talks we had...Haha now it sounded so fun, but it was so serious then :p She's sick now, having sore throat. Crazy girl. But actually I would also like to go back to shop. Now I totally understand why people likes to shop at Singapore, and Hong Kong, and er, Malaysia? I have not done any shopping here, not at all, except for some neccessities. Things here are so ex, and cheap...Whenever I feel like buying something I'll mentally convert it back to Ringgit and sometimes Sing Dollar. Haha exactly what I did when I first went to Singapore :p It is also cheap at the same time coz it's the after-holidays sale. Where every single shop, it's mostly departmental shops here, are having clearance sales, where one branded shirt/blouse can go down to US$2!! Well, of course, it is those out-of-season ones la ;) However, I've already decided not to use my parents money here so I'll only spend after my own money comes in. So I'm really looking forward to this trip, if possible will be around June/July. It will be my last trip back there before school starts. Yes. Not going back for another few years, since sis will be coming this year end anyway :) SY, I'm so sorry. I don't think can make it for the 2008 summer trip together. Circumstances here are different from what I expected. Hope there're still some chance that it can happen though :) What will be, will be. Right? :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
sigh sigh sigh~
i know it...
i know things hardly happened like wat we wishes...as usual la~ aih!
Nvm la..cz SL told me tat she might go for the exchange program around tat time too..no fate no fate~ =(
Jz make sure u give me an EARLY notice when u'd confirmed when u're coming bac...I won't wan to miss the chance to see u~
Maybe by tat time I'm havin my industrial training when u're bac then. ^o^
Jz take good care of urself~

Keep in touch!!

@SY

Popular posts from this blog

Homecoming!!

Kelly Lost :'(